TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While WFAA may have retired it's longtime "News 8" branding in favor of "WFAA News" I think most North Texans will always associate WFAA with John B. Wells, The Spirit Of Texas and the people like John McCaa, Troy Dungan, Tracy Rowlett, Gloria Campos, Chip Moody and so many people that made Channel 8 so special for so many years

But times do change and sometimes we just gotta adopt to those changes even if the viewers don't like the changes

While WFAA may have retired it's longtime "News 8" branding in favor of "WFAA News" I think most North Texans will always associate WFAA with John B. Wells, The Spirit Of Texas and the people like John McCaa, Troy Dungan, Tracy Rowlett, Gloria Campos, Chip Moody and so many people that made Channel 8 so special for so many years

But times do change and sometimes we just gotta adopt to those changes even if the viewers don't like the changes

And John is still there.

From what I heard, WFAA still refers to its news as “News 8.”

That's strange because if they switched to WFAA News yet call themselves News 8 why have 2 seperate branding when you can just merge it into one unified branding of "WFAA News 8"?

From what I heard, WFAA still refers to its news as “News 8.”

Are the reporters still tagging out with “Channel 8 News” even after the updated look? If so, that’s three different brandings in one newscast.

Are the reporters still tagging out with “Channel 8 News” even after the updated look? If so, that’s three different brandings in one newscast.

Reporters are still signing off with “Channel 8 News”, although McCaa started the 10pm with “This is WFAA News at 10”, correcting the error he made at 6pm.

EDIT: 10pm open:

Reporters are still signing off with “Channel 8 News”, although McCaa started the 10pm with “This is WFAA News at 10”, correcting the error he made at 6pm.

While McCaa did correct it, the reporter still said "News 8" in her reporting

Definitely don’t like the large breaking news text behind them. The two smaller ones were fine.

That and the ticker at the bottom doesn't even match the graphics.

They switched to the correct ticker before the 5am hour was over.

From what I can tell, this is David Kaye’s first VO job at a Gannett/Tegna station.

He’s actually been doing promos for Channel 8 for a couple of years now.

Let's put it this way, WFAA doesn't know what their brand is. WFAA News, News 8, Channel 8 News. News 8 Daybreak or #IAmUpWithDaybreak?

Archived