TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was this actually broadcast? More context?

Yes. Daybreak Sunday used (what looks like) the new open yesterday, but the rest of the newscast used the existing graphics. Like WTSP, the background used timelapses instead of a still image. No cuts of C Clarity were used, but production music instead.

I’m thinking they’re testing different elements during newscasts before implementing the new graphics fully.

While these are good cuts of music, I wish they uploaded some of the main themes. These are all the 'secondary' cuts. I want morning, evening, late night.

EDIT: I have an email into Sixieme Son asking if they could upload more cuts, especially those of the main themes. I'll update once I hear back.

UPDATE: I heard back today and for some odd reason, they cannot upload more cuts. I don't know if it was a misunderstanding on this guys' end, but he said they "don't have any longer cuts of the material you are looking for but I'm sure you'll find what you need on amazing SC."

(I believe SC stands for Sound Cloud).

Then, I explained to him that I was not asking for longer cuts of the themes that were already uploaded, but long cuts of the main themes (morning, evening, night, tease, political), stuff like that. Then he said, "Good luck with that too." Okay. So, that did not go well.

But, I did hear from KING's marketing director last month that C Clarity might be able to be distributed outside of the stations later this year. Don't know when (maybe once all the stations get it?), but I thought that was interesting. They should put the package online so everyone can hear it.

UPDATE: I heard back today and for some odd reason, they cannot upload more cuts.

maybe... they have better things to do with their time than try and please obsessive news music nerds... with more tracks that sound similar to what they already uploaded...

just saying... :rolleyes::D

maybe... they have better things to do with their time than try and please obsessive news music nerds... with more tracks that sound similar to what they already uploaded...

just saying... :rolleyes::D

Maybe...you shouldn't insult me over something so stupid. What are you? Five?

And also, they never gave me a specific reason why. They didn't even say no. The guy basically just said "good luck." The person I talked to needs to work on his people skills (and so do you actually).

Just saying... :rolleyes::D

UPDATE: I heard back today and for some odd reason, they cannot upload more cuts. I don't know if it was a misunderstanding on this guys' end, but he said they "don't have any longer cuts of the material you are looking for but I'm sure you'll find what you need on amazing SC."

(I believe SC stands for Sound Cloud).

Then, I explained to him that I was not asking for longer cuts of the themes that were already uploaded, but long cuts of the main themes (morning, evening, night, tease, political), stuff like that. Then he said, "Good luck with that too." Okay. So, that did not go well.

But, I did hear from KING's marketing director last month that C Clarity might be able to be distributed outside of the stations later this year. Don't know when (maybe once all the stations get it?), but I thought that was interesting. They should put the package online so everyone can hear it.

I believe Sixieme Son is based out of France, so its very possible you've encountered a language barrier.

Oh.. people. Relax, Tegna and anyone smart enough who works at Tegna wouldn't distribute their music (A Custom theme song for their stations, specifically) to anyone that does not work for the company-at least for now. They aren't blind to the internet. Clearly, broadcasters want to see the criticism from us nerds on the internet, not the Graphical mocks we create with the music they asked for, specifically for them without an actual reason. Obviously this will change farther into the year. "Just saying"

They didn't even say no.

They totally did, they just didn't specifically use the word "no." The subtlety of rejection...

Again, as I've had to explain to you before, these companies are not in the business of distributing their product for free to any random person who asks. What business is? Do you walk into McDonalds and say "I'm a huge fan of the Big Mac" and expect them to give you one just because? Try going to the bank and asking for a couple $100 bills because you're a "money collector" and "want to add a few $100 bills to your collection".

I highly doubt anyone will be posting the package for download. They might release a track or two as "cell phone alert tones" or something dumb like that, but there is absolutely no demand for this stuff outside of a few people on this website.

They totally did, they just didn't specifically use the word "no." The subtlety of rejection...

Again, as I've had to explain to you before, these companies are not in the business of distributing their product for free to any random person who asks. What business is? Do you walk into McDonalds and say "I'm a huge fan of the Big Mac" and expect them to give you one just because? Try going to the bank and asking for a couple $100 bills because you're a "money collector" and "want to add a few $100 bills to your collection".

Weeters, aren't we all money collectors. LOL. But I do agree.

The new look went live on Channel 8.

pq40Nr9.png

I'm sorry. That logo is clunky and hideous. It would be one thing if the "play button" had some sort of significance like it was a historical old logo the station used or something like that but this just screams "we've run out of ideas, it looks like a triangle could fit here."

If they really wanted to be different, they would have removed the 8 from the box, and paired it alongside the WFAA call letters and call it a day. Hell I can't even read the WFAA in the triangle. Swing and a miss, TEGNA. No wonder WFAA has been sagging in the ratings lately, the parent company can't even give them a decent logo.

I'm sorry. That logo is clunky and hideous. It would be one thing if the "play button" had some sort of significance like it was a historical old logo the station used or something like that but this just screams "we've run out of ideas, it looks like a triangle could fit here."

If they really wanted to be different, they would have removed the 8 from the box, and paired it alongside the WFAA call letters and call it a day. Hell I can't even read the WFAA in the triangle. Swing and a miss, TEGNA. No wonder WFAA has been sagging in the ratings lately, the parent company can't even give them a decent logo.

WFAA has actually been improving in ratings. Daybreak is now #2 in the mornings, which is a pretty big deal.

Though I can see why many may not like the whole play button logo, at least WFAA is trying something different. I like it, something you don’t typically see in a market full of corporate O&O stations.

No more News 8, either; it’s now “WFAA News”.

That'll make Chip Moody roll over in his grave he would not put up with the things that TEGNA has done to WFAA (the branding switch from News 8 to WFAA News included)

It's very "UPN logo on shuffle and mix". Square numeral logo, ABC circle and...triangle because designer was inspired by their kid's preschool blocks?

Archived