TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

WFAA’s Daybreak came from Young Street today. So Victory Park is now “upgrading” to the Tegna Set-In-A-Box.

Sorry, but Victory Park deserves so much more than the Tenga (ooo ooo ooo ooo Tenga!) set in a box. I mean, it’s a nice set. But to me it’s a step down for WFAA. IMO.

— Matt

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but Victory Park deserves so much more than the Tenga (ooo ooo ooo ooo Tenga!) set in a box. I mean, it’s a nice set. But to me it’s a step down for WFAA. IMO.

— Matt

It does. Hope they don’t turn it into what KING has. Interesting to see what they do, considering how much space they have.

KXVA Abilene, TX and sister station KIDY San Angelo, TX have the new look/sound.

Also, New Logos.

(the KXVA logo also incorporates their current FOX 15 logo)

30073272_947076735457144_2715624054333842613_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=38cce9fd2caa151df2ec3bf08c1a9bf6&oe=5B580F62

31206249_1525619100893246_2526293544394555392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dcd5c9ced48cf88b7ee571a5c47860fc&oe=5B612030

Did KXVA model that logo after the NXT bumper? Because that is what it reminds me of.

So, this mean WFAA will be the last Texas Tegna station to get new graphics.

Which is probably intentional. Get the kinks out of the graphics before they appear on the flagship of the group.

Which is probably intentional. Get the kinks out of the graphics before they appear on the flagship of the group.

That DOES make the most sense. Of course, questions. Are they still gonna call themselves News 8 (Now), or actually revert to Channel 8 News full time (so many years of reporter tags)? And how will the Play8 logo fare in?

I would not be surprised if they incorporated “WFAA” into the news brand. All of the social media accounts for anchors/reporters were recently updated with new headshots and hashtags. The station lately has been VERY heavy on promoting WFAA into news, weather, and overall station image. Traditionally, the news has always been “News 8.”

I have not seen the newsroom lately. Would be interested to see if it all has been updated as well with new logo.

I would not be surprised if they incorporated “WFAA” into the news brand. All of the social media accounts for anchors/reporters were recently updated with new headshots and hashtags. The station lately has been VERY heavy on promoting WFAA into news, weather, and overall station image. Traditionally, the news has always been “News 8.”

I have not seen the newsroom lately. Would be interested to see if it all has been updated as well with new logo.

Here was a newsroom report from a few days ago that appears to have the updated logo.

njfkeqd.thumb.jpg.699999f09200efa8e7921ed27235f4f2.jpg

Omg. This is rough @KXVA

On another note, doesn't KXVA's virtual set kind of resemble WFAA's departing victory park set? Maybe KXVA will be receiving a hand-me-down from WFAA? Regardless, whatever station gets WFAA's old set is a winner. It'll be the best hand-me-down set out there.

New WFAA Brand Rollout:

[MEDIA=instagram]BiAd5oOnJju[/MEDIA]

You know new ownership has flushed your station down the toilet when they start giving away promotional items that feature both the station's name and the word "sh*t" just inches apart. Reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.

Archived