TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

1972166624_ScreenShot2018-04-18at2_20_03PM.thumb.png.751256c6796f73553a30cf0f999128c6.png

Looks like they're in their "main" studio for the midday show.

61CqwVM.png

Could their Victory Park studio finally get that set refresh they needed? May Books start in eight days......

Yup. Looks like they've moved out of the victory studios for the build. GMT now broadcasting from a temp set. Could this kitchen be a part of a future GMT set though? I'd doubt they'd build a a kitchen like that for only temporary use.

UPDATE: I guess only Midday and GMT have moved out so far.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

61CqwVM.png

Could their Victory Park studio finally get that set refresh they needed? May Books start in eight days......

They were there for yesterday's noon show, as well, but returned to Victory Park for their 4, 5, 6, and 10pm.

why are they changing logos that don't need updating?? If anything, KIII needs it the worst... Leave poor WFAA alone... Seriously...

I don't totally disagree with that. Yet, at this point, wouldn't it almost be the same as WPVI ditching Move Closer to your World? I expected the logo (and the old set) to go soon after Gannett bought KIII.

61CqwVM.png

Kind of off topic, but can I just say how much I still like WFAA's main set?! Other than the dim projectors, I think it's held up well for being 10+ years old. I love that they have Victory Park but I do wish the other studio got more use.

Kind of off topic, but can I just say how much I still like WFAA's main set?! Other than the dim projectors, I think it's held up well for being 10+ years old. I love that they have Victory Park but I do wish the other studio got more use.

I'm kind of shocked they're still at Victory Park. Given how cheap Gannett was, I would've thought the station would left there after the Belo merger was over, or once the lease was up.

why are they changing logos that don't need updating?? If anything, KIII needs it the worst... Leave poor WFAA alone... Seriously...

The Circle 3 Logo survives, with all its glory!!! DAMN! Although, I'm not against KIII keeping it.

Vid courtesy of "KLMO" from YT.

I'm kind of shocked they're still at Victory Park. Given how cheap Gannett was, I would've thought the station would left there after the Belo merger was over, or once the lease was up.

The Circle 3 Logo survives, with all its glory!!! DAMN! Although, I'm not against KIII keeping it.

I like the cut that KIII is using for their music

Honestly, that is the best cut I have heard from this package. And Ive noticed that KIII and KBMT have literally the most unique logos in Tegna now.

Honestly, that is the best cut I have heard from this package. And Ive noticed that KIII and KBMT have literally the most unique logos in Tegna now.

I just want to know how they've made it through two graphics changes, and haven't had to TWEAK the logo to fit the time/temp box in with it...

I just want to know how they've made it through two graphics changes, and haven't had to TWEAK the logo to fit the time/temp box in with it...

The power of the wonderous 3. Im kind of glad that they have left it alone and the KBMT12 as well.

DANG. That open cut. And that tease cut. Best use of the music BY FAR. In market 129!

61CqwVM.png

Yes. They are getting a new set. unclebarkey.com reported a few weeks ago that according to a memo from a station executive, they would be redoing the set in mid to late April and debut it by May. It sounds like the new logo/brand will debut then too, most likely along with the new graphics.

KIII's 5pm Open

The only downside in the intro is it's a bit long in the tooth for a single-photo. I think it'd have looked better if they would have shown multiple photos in pre-VO or run a timelapse a-la WTSP...

The only downside in the intro is it's a bit long in the tooth for a single-photo. I think it'd have looked better if they would have shown multiple photos in pre-VO or run a timelapse a-la WTSP...

I understand that KevCor..but in the other instance, considering that most of the Gannett stations have dropped their V/O's for no V/O, and for the other fact that they are in DMA 129 and were able to somewhat keep a lot of what they had before the graphics update, I will give them a pass for it. Maybe if some people want to go down to the Corpus area and give them some nice timelapse footage, than I bet they will be clearly appreciative of it. Honestly, this is the best cut of the entire package so far and its shocking to see it in Corpus..but they did the same with This is Home (finding a unique cut for them).

Archived