TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is disgusting and the graphics look cheapened with the choice of font. Just like KMOV and the Belo graphics. Blech.

27C862B2-E82B-48B3-A019-258458112952.thumb.png.5b150b7587d8d57a38b926f8dd92b964.png

And this is the only time Proxima Nova appears in the graphics (other than the logo). Hope they fix it, and fast.

It gets worse. It seems the font they're using in the titlecards and in the time and temp bug is the default Microsoft Office font, Calibri.

Screenshot_20180412_232743_2.png

That's not Calibri. That's actually Myriad, the default font in After Effects. The time/temp bug uses Verdana.

It still makes it look horrifyingly ugly, especially the lower thirds. I can't imagine what the rundown above the bug looks like - if they even use it.

THEY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP.

That "9" is a minor tweak of KUSA's current logo.

Well, both stations have “USA” in their call letters, they’re both owned by Tegna, and they’re both on channel 9. So why not use KUSA’s 9?

Yes, this logo is miles better than the outgoing one.

Stations not using the new graphics yet:

- KTHV

- KFMB

- WUSA

- WMAZ

- WLTX

- KXVA/KIDY

- KIII

- WFAA

- KHOU

As far as KYTX's implementation of the new graphics...

[ATTACH=full]5756[/ATTACH]

WORST VERSION OF THE GRAPHICS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

I hope the designers over at Troika were prepared for this small-market graphics abuse...

Actually, WLTX did launched the new graphics yesterday.

Looks like WUSA is tweaking their logo too

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=2213541562008001

(spin the image to the right, and you'll see them)

As for that set... I find it VASTLY improved over their last one. Not too big on the brick, but it'll do.

I see the aesthetic they are going for. A lot of the older parts of DC are all brick - look at Georgetown, the Smithsonian mansion, and neighborhood on neighborhood.

I am wondering about the flat panels mounted on the plexiglass on the corner. Is the glass on tracks so they all can move together or is it designed to be curved and look good when shot properly.

Looks like WUSA is tweaking their logo too

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=2213541562008001

After looking at the 360 view, there are elements of the standardized Jack Morton/PDG set some of the TEGNA stations have received, but this one gives off a loft-style appearance with the brickwork, faux windows, and archways.

If only the other stations were given the same leeway.

After looking at the 360 view, there are elements of the standardized Jack Morton/PDG set some of the TEGNA stations have received, but this one gives off a loft-style appearance with the brickwork, faux windows, and archways.

If only the other stations were given the same leeway.

Helps when the home office is around the corner...

I also haven’t seen what WFAA is using for its new logo yet...

[MEDIA=instagram]BhAss5DFljM[/MEDIA]

I saw this logo used on air for the first time during an in-newscast promo for ABC’s Comey interview two nights ago. Was able to get an image of it today:

D947983D-E470-4717-99CE-EF166E32EB81.thumb.jpeg.132707049e2591745503fdee66699d0b.jpeg

Also appears at the end of this Daybreak promo that hasn’t made it to air yet:

[MEDIA=vimeo]263934182[/MEDIA]

Looks like this is going to be WFAA’s new logo.

Archived