TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More like WPXI's 11 minus the circle around it.

Who they got from 80's WHAS-TV (The last logo under Bingham ownership.)

Clap Cooo Cooo Clap Ohhhh Ohhhh Clap Hmmmm Clap Ahhhhhhhhh Clap Claps.......It will be EXTREMELY interesting to watch how the NOLA market embraces WWL's mandated "change" with the new look, tone and musical branding. With WWL already dethroned from a 35 plus year streak of over-the-top dominance and now overall #2 and in a few places #3... this change is the dumbest mistake they can make and their hands are totally tied over the decision. I feel bad for a station, that just a handful of years ago, had ratings that equaled all of the other stations combined.

The overall market might be easy-going, carefree, and have a "let the good times roll" attitude, but has always liked very traditional news that doesn't change/waver. Out of any market, the area didn't even embrace WGNO's TENGA'ish, campy/casual, "News With A Twist" style, even with its bar-backdrop and cajun-influenced music.

Consistency, hard-hitting hometown news, and long-time talent is what kept WWL a powerhouse for so long. Many on this forum are quite aware of that, but obviously the suits have yet to understand their markets. Let's just go with our in-house consultant. Wooooo! Yeah, we'll go with what he says. I wonder if WWL will deliver some stories sitting on the studio floor next?

WFAA, WWL and WVEC are just three examples of TEGNA stations that have not only lost their sense of identity, but what they have long stood for, and their legacy in general.

Me thinks this coooo clap ohhhhh clap ahhhhhh coooo clap coooo coooo oooooooohhh cooooooo clap clap clap musical branding and cheeky approach will firmly place them in a #3 position over the long-term. Get ready to FINISH watching the slow, painful, derailment of WWL. I seriously hope I'm WRONG!

And nothing new from the deathstar, ie to a lesser degree WZZM, and a much greater degree WTOP/WDVM/WUSA. OTOH, the company does like reclamation projects, ie KARE,WKYC,WGRZ.

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if KHOU will be one of the last ones given Harvey, but I noticed they're now advertising their new downtown satellite studio at the GRB (George R. Brown Convention Center for those not familiar with Houston) using the new TEGNA graphics. Wouldn't surprise me either if they actually launched the graphics with the debut of their new downtown space come May, but I can definitely see things well-established at their new Westheimer studio.

One market I do wonder about is Corpus Christi, given KIII essentially was handed down WUSA's old set I am told and is using a vastly different cut of "This is Home" for its newscast. Anything on the horizon down there as far as changes?

New graphics are live on WWL.

Yep yep... coooos, wheeews, ahhhs, and claps going into breaking news.... good job boneheads! Thankfully the story didn't involve any deaths this time, but I'm sure they'll coooo, wheeew, and clap into a tragic story in a matter of hours or a day or so.

Bad music selections, blown out graphics (on a calibrated flatscreen), especially on the NXT graphics and the bottom ticker during weather needs bringing up. Can't hear the clap tracks on the weather stinger. Giving them one positive, the idents are well enough. They had time to rehearse, so no excuses over execution or the music selections. Hopefully this junk gets better or this legacy station will be further in the toilet before long.

me8egxF.png

LSWUmmK.png

eB2MMqG.png

You can tell they're using the morning orange color for the bug (Otherwise wouldn't they use purple? Unless they're sticking with that color for the noon). They could at least omit the WUPL logo, since they don't simulcast the noon on 54.

They also changed the logo signage on the desk where Leslie was sitting to the new logo (something they didn't do when they debuted the G3 graphics and added the CBS logo to the WWL main logo almost four years ago). So I wouldn't be surprise if the main news desk also have the new signage.

TGS1DrN.png

Archived