TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

WTSP newscast opening (now using "C Clarity")

I think WTSP did a great job in executing the new look (them and KENS both) and now seeing the tease of who might be next in terms of getting the new look so far I think KENS and WTSP are the ones to beat within the TEGNA group for the new graphics/C Clarity

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During WUSAs coverage of the Maryland school shooting today, looks like they were tinkering with the new live bug.

I saw that earlier too, although last I heard they wouldn’t roll out until late April...

During WUSAs coverage of the Maryland school shooting today, looks like they were tinkering with the new live bug.

I've seen WWL use the new typeface in some of their graphics last night. Could Apr 2 be the date the new graphics debut for Ch. 4?

Looks like WXIA has joined the modified-but-not-necessarily-totally-new logo bandwagon with the new graphics:

They probably realized soon after launching the new graphics how illegible "ALIVE" was in the lower thirds they had to change it. Not too bad as it matches the logo on their website.

They probably realized soon after launching the new graphics how illegible "ALIVE" was in the lower thirds they had to change it. Not too bad as it matches the logo on their website.

For once, 11Dead made a decent decision.

WVEC had the same promo...

[MEDIA=instagram]BfdzFzulbJV[/MEDIA]

Clap Cooo Cooo Clap Ohhhh Ohhhh Clap Hmmmm Clap Ahhhhhhhhh Clap Claps.......It will be EXTREMELY interesting to watch how the NOLA market embraces WWL's mandated "change" with the new look, tone and musical branding. With WWL already dethroned from a 35 plus year streak of over-the-top dominance and now overall #2 and in a few places #3... this change is the dumbest mistake they can make and their hands are totally tied over the decision. I feel bad for a station, that just a handful of years ago, had ratings that equaled all of the other stations combined.

The overall market might be easy-going, carefree, and have a "let the good times roll" attitude, but has always liked very traditional news that doesn't change/waver. Out of any market, the area didn't even embrace WGNO's TENGA'ish, campy/casual, "News With A Twist" style, even with its bar-backdrop and cajun-influenced music.

Consistency, hard-hitting hometown news, and long-time talent is what kept WWL a powerhouse for so long. Many on this forum are quite aware of that, but obviously the suits have yet to understand their markets. Let's just go with our in-house consultant. Wooooo! Yeah, we'll go with what he says. I wonder if WWL will deliver some stories sitting on the studio floor next?

WFAA, WWL and WVEC are just three examples of TEGNA stations that have not only lost their sense of identity, but what they have long stood for, and their legacy in general.

Me thinks this coooo clap ohhhhh clap ahhhhhh coooo clap coooo coooo oooooooohhh cooooooo clap clap clap musical branding and cheeky approach will firmly place them in a #3 position over the long-term. Get ready to FINISH watching the slow, painful, derailment of WWL. I seriously hope I'm WRONG!

...Me thinks this coooo clap ohhhhh clap ahhhhhh coooo clap coooo coooo oooooooohhh cooooooo clap clap clap musical branding and cheeky approach will firmly place them in a #3 position over the long-term. Get ready to FINISH watching the slow, painful, derailment of WWL. I seriously hope I'm WRONG!

It's rather cute that Tegna is trying to act all young and hip, but eventually "real news" is going to be a thing of the past. It seems to have become a race to see who can turn their traditional newscast into an episode of Seinfeld.

Close.

dJVMFEs.png

The Master Distribution Service continues its long and agonizing death. I'm surprised neither Belo or TEGNA thought to give WUPL a similar logo to WWL's years ago and cut-off the MyNet branding (the PBS/NPR station in Richmond would probably take a nice payment so they could become WWLB-TV and complete the process).

Archived