TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

Question: has anyone used the graphics in a augmented reality setting yet, either weather or otherwise?

First Coast News. If a teaser as a fake TV counts... yes. If you’re talking about the type of AR like KNBC’s weather dial, I don’t believe so.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First Coast News. If a teaser as a fake TV counts... yes. If you’re talking about the type of AR like KNBC’s weather dial, I don’t believe so.

And the only reason First Coast News is using "augmented reality" is because they ditched their physical set for completely virtual.

Having visited the station before, they built the "green box" in the back of the studio. Not sure how many of you remember but back in the early 2000s, WTLV/WJXX had a newsroom/newsplex-type set. Most of that old set is still there including the second level which is no longer accessible. They built the most recent FX set directly in front of it and they gutted the first level of the old newsplex-type set and took out a staircase and set up a couple green boxes. Their studio set-up is interesting to say the least.

So far, WVEC got the new website layout, but no new logo yet. Also, i see the new graphics on the 7-day forecast. Can't wait until noon.

They've already updated their social media with the graphic... someone probably hasn't swapped the logos on the web.

Edit: WVEC actually live streamed the new graphics on FB Live for the noon show (starts around the :20 mark)

They've already updated their social media with the graphic... someone probably hasn't swapped the logos on the web.

Edit: WVEC actually live streamed the new graphics on FB Live for the noon show (starts around the :20 mark)

I’m really digging this.

Since they led with the breaking news open for Billy Graham, the “normal” open for the second half-hour is seen with 26:42 left.

I love the logo animation. This rebrand was done with the new graphics in mind... it’s like WVEC is the model for the new Tegna look. Do any of the other stations have “A TEGNA Company” in the open?

The only thing I’m not a fan of is the “NXT” teasers.

I’m really digging this.

Since they led with the breaking news open for Billy Graham, the “normal” open for the second half-hour is seen at 26:42.

I love the logo animation. This rebrand was done with the new graphics in mind... it’s like WVEC is the model for the new Tegna look. Do any of the other stations have “A TEGNA Company” in the open?

The only thing I’m not a fan of is the “NXT” teasers.

I have seen a few of the other stations with the "A Tegna Company" in their open.

I'm still hoping they get a video wall when they update their set. Granted they have the TV screens in a couple of places, but they're out of place in the market, as they're the only ones without one

Here are all the Tegna stations, the ones using C Clarity are bolded.

KAGS

KARE

KBMT

KCEN

KENS

KFMB

KGW

KHOU

KIDY

KIII

KING

KPNX

KREM

KSDK

KTHV

KTVB

KUSA

KVUE

KXTV

KXVA

KYTX

WBIR

WCNC

WCSH

WFAA

WFMY

WGRZ

WHAS

WJXX/WTLV

WKYC

WLBZ

WLTX

WMAZ

WTSP

WUSA

WVEC

WWL

WXIA

WZZM

There are currently 19 Tegna stations that haven’t debuted the new look yet. However we all know what WTSP is up to, so it might be the last station in their portfolio that switches, if at all.

Apparently, WVEC had a launch party for the new logo/gfx while watching the noon newscast.

[MEDIA=twitter]966366737456353285[/MEDIA]

Oh good lord. It’s not that big of a deal.

They had TEGNA corporate down from McLean to observe the rollout, thus the event. Plus, they incorporated the graphics/logo launch into a soft relaunch of the renovations in the newsroom as well.

Edit: a word

I actually think it's great Tegna is redesigning a lot of these station logos. So many of them were clumsy dinosaurs not worth saving.

Like the logo (as mentioned in the Out and About thread), but from what I've seen so far not really feeling the graphics.

Here are all the Tegna stations, the ones using C Clarity are bolded.

KAGS

KARE

KBMT

KCEN

KENS

KFMB

KGW

KHOU

KIDY

KIII

KING

KPNX

KREM

KSDK

KTHV

KTVB

KUSA

KVUE

KXTV

KXVA

KYTX

WBIR

WCNC

WCSH

WFAA

WFMY

WGRZ

WHAS

WJXX/WTLV

WKYC

WLBZ

WLTX

WMAZ

WTSP

WUSA

WVEC

WWL

WXIA

WZZM

There are currently 19 Tegna stations that haven’t debuted the new look yet. However we all know what WTSP is up to, so it might be the last station in their portfolio that switches, if at all.

KAGS now has the new graphics as well and I'm assuming they're using C Clarity as well, which makes the rollout for NBC affiliates complete.

All TEGNA stations will have the new graphics by the end of this month.
I doubt it at this point. They should have the new graphics by March Madness or within a few days (earlier or later) from it. Except maybe KFMB.

Archived