TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long they don't get rid of "You are watching WBIR-TV, Channel 10 Knoxville. The news starts now."

On a side note: I really hate the new websites. The livestream link never comes on time, and don't get me started on the video pausing when you switch to another tab.

Here's the URL link for their live stream (No pausing when switching to another tab). http://interactive.tegna-media.com/video/embed/embed.html?type=live&autoplay=autoplay&site=51

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will February 2018 be when all the TEGNA stations get the new graphics, or just the NBC stations? If it's just the NBC stations, when will the other stations get the graphics?

All the stations will get them. The rollout is for all the TEGNA NBC affils to get them in time for the February books to start. Fast Fact: TEGNA is the largest NBC and CBS station group. I'd be surprised if they don't finish the NBC rollout by Super Bowl Sunday which is 2/4, considering it's only the ex-London Stations that are left for rollout: KCEN, KAGS, and KBMT (KBMT is ABC, the NBC station is their .2 and they share news production)

The rest of the group will start getting them right afterwards. Speaking of the other affils...H/T VARTV/Bob Corbin on this screen grab of what could be WVEC's new logo :meh:

[MEDIA=twitter]956857805520056320[/MEDIA]

That V/O guy been at 'GW since the "Northwest NewsChannel8" era (since 1995)

That would be Jim Birdsall-- he's also done voiceovers for KING, and is widely known as the voice of CNBC. He only started doing VOs for KGW and KING around 2000-- prior to then it was the similar-sounding Ed O'Brian.

The rest of the group will start getting them right afterwards. Speaking of the other affils...H/T VARTV/Bob Corbin on this screen grab of what could be WVEC's new logo :meh:

Wouldn't be the first time they've had a sans-serif 13 in a blue and white box!

News Center Maine has started using the new graphics as well![ATTACH]5302[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5303[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5304[/ATTACH]

Here are some more screenshots of the News Center Maine graphics implementation:

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/tegna-broadcasting-and-digital-general-discussion.13239/page-105#post-201224

All the stations will get them. The rollout is for all the TEGNA NBC affils to get them in time for the February books to start. Fast Fact: TEGNA is the largest NBC and CBS station group. I'd be surprised if they don't finish the NBC rollout by Super Bowl Sunday which is 2/4, considering it's only the ex-London Stations that are left for rollout: KCEN, KAGS, and KBMT (KBMT is ABC, the NBC station is their .2 and they share news production)

TEGNA: Let’s create a copy of the line that is used on WKYC’s logo and put it on WVEC, but make the line slant backward, bold it, and make the line yellow. The viewers won’t know the difference.

KBMT now has the new look, website and graphics, which leaves just KCEN & KAGS to be rolled out by the end of this week, or next week before the Olympics.

New info: The weather icons in this new package are getting overhauled.

Why? I don't see anything wrong with the overall look of them, just sometimes they can be a bit confusing as to what they mean, but I think if I had a TEGNA station in my market, I'd be able to figure it out. Do you have any more information on the new music? Composer, perhaps?

KBMT now has the new look, website and graphics, which leaves just KCEN & KAGS to be rolled out by the end of this week, or next week before the Olympics.

KCEN and KAGS just got the new website design. Not sure about the graphics yet.

**EDIT: No new graphics for KCEN, yet.

Clearly, TEGNA is trying to "stand out" with it's choice...

Reviewing Sixieme Son's portfolio, they have done brand identity for companies like Michelin and Atlanta Tourism Board. All of their compositions has that really light tone to it, which makes it a first in the news industry (in the US market) to not have that heavy orchestral or aggressive feel to it's news music.

Fascinating! Probably one of the best known pieces of his work is the jingle for SNCF, the French national railway. His jingle is heard in thousands and thousands of train stations across France everyday.

Here's the full theme that is used in some ad campaigns:

After hearing more of the Tegna music, I'm actually starting to like it. The choir and clapping is a little odd for the opening music, but I totally see the connection to the SNCF theme now. But a lot of the bump music and stingers that I've heard are really beautiful so far.

My love of France, TV news, and transportation all collided just now in a very strange way...

Fascinating! Probably one of the best known pieces of his work is the jingle for SNCF, the French national railway. His jingle is heard in thousands and thousands of train stations across France everyday.

Here's the full theme that is used in some ad campaigns:

After hearing more of the Tegna music, I'm actually starting to like it. The choir and clapping is a little odd for the opening music, but I totally see the connection to the SNCF theme now. But a lot of the bump music and stingers that I've heard are really beautiful so far.

My love of France, TV news, and transportation all collided just now in a very strange way...

TBH, it's not great news music. It has no gravitas and nothing that screams brand recall. It's no traditional, sure, but it says nothing about the product.

Clearly, TEGNA is trying to "stand out" with it's choice...

Reviewing Sixieme Son's portfolio, they have done brand identity for companies like Michelin and Atlanta Tourism Board. All of their compositions has that really light tone to it, which makes it a first in the news industry (in the US market) to not have that heavy orchestral or aggressive feel to it's news music.

About three-quarters of Stephen Arnold's Horizon package doth protest.

So, I've just recently found out the name and producer for the TEGNA's new music for the group...and it IS French, btw.

It's titled C Clarity, composed by the famed French audio identity creator Michaël Boumendil, and produced/published by the french branding group Sixieme Son.

You're welcome. :)

Neat! Have you found any demos of the new TEGNA music?

Archived