TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Add First Coast News to the board. (The first ABC station to use this package, co-shared with NBC).

Oh god I forgot FCN had a virtual set.

That music sounds even worse when it’s trying to be serious.

It's almost the stuff of parody.

At least they kept their V/O for the intros, unlike KING and KUSA.

I noticed that the USA Today graphics are still used for school closings for now.

On a semi-related note, is KUSA still using Roger Thompson? I think they still use him.

And you obviously based your signature on mine (which is based on ChesapeakeTV's)!

KARE. Check.

It looks like they were trying to go the the route of having a closings ticker and shrinking the program feed. But it looks like they failed as part of the standard ticker was covered up and there was a black border around the program.

Based on the NewscastStudio montage and the image above, the bug changes colors. Unlike the last package, it doesn't seem to mean anything in relation to the story. While we knew the USA Today color coding would be gone, I don't know the rhyme or reason of this. Also, while the earlier 7-day image has the same day draped in the purple, a check on their website showed today in orange. The orange could be a morning thing, but it's hard to tell.

So, I have since found out that while the news stories aren't color coded like in the old Gannett package, the yellow-orange-purple-blue IS set for the show time. Yellow/Orange is for the daytime shows, Purple are the Evening shows, and the blue is for the late news. The weather highlight color will also follow the same color pallet pattern.

I did check WBIR-TV for just a moment at 5pm today and I can now confirm that the new TEGNA French music is being used there. They used it in the tease and open.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long they don't get rid of "You are watching WBIR-TV, Channel 10 Knoxville. The news starts now."

On a side note: I really hate the new websites. The livestream link never comes on time, and don't get me started on the video pausing when you switch to another tab.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long they don't get rid of "You are watching WBIR-TV, Channel 10 Knoxville. The news starts now."

On a side note: I really hate the new websites. The livestream link never comes on time, and don't get me started on the video pausing when you switch to another tab.

I love that line. The VO artist who does that line does it so perfectly!

Archived