TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To the TEGNA committee that approved the new music package. You took the most beautiful approach to creating news music and created easily the most unrecognizable and bland package ever. It's basically cheap production music that you could have licensed for pennies on the dollar from Warner Chappell PM. This is singlely the most valueless sonic brand I've every heard, so congrats wasting money when nothing custom was required. While other stations around the countless other markets Tegna operates in have safe or iconic brands, you've managed to do least of any of them. This package will wither and die quickly because no care went into creating a sonic signature that Tegna can be proud of. I'll continue to watch other stations in Denver, because while 4's brand is a hodgepodge, 7's lacks any knowledge of Denver and 31/2 are even embryonic in development, you've created a lack of feeling that only station groups looking to be acquired hope to achieve.

I was in Denver last weekend, and caught 9News after the football game. My thoughts:

- I sort of like the graphics, especially the L3s, not using the same fonts everyone else is using... (Although I have no idea what the name of the anchor is, as I never saw it during the newscast!!!)

- WTH is that music??? The close of the 9:40 "Special Edition" sounded like something I'd hear at a hippie music festival - rhythmic clapping??? I still can't tell you what the theme is - even with "This is Home", you had a 3 note memorable tag to the theme...

TEGNA - please get real news music, not the crap you have now...

J

I was in Denver last weekend, and caught 9News after the football game. My thoughts:

- I sort of like the graphics, especially the L3s, not using the same fonts everyone else is using... (Although I have no idea what the name of the anchor is, as I never saw it during the newscast!!!)

- WTH is that music??? The close of the 9:40 "Special Edition" sounded like something I'd hear at a hippie music festival - rhythmic clapping??? I still can't tell you what the theme is - even with "This is Home", you had a 3 note memorable tag to the theme...

TEGNA - please get real news music, not the crap you have now...

J

Lol! Told TVNT users so. It's expensive production music.

WKYC is testing the new graphics tonight. Looks to be they are keeping the same logo. I heard this Thursday is the debut date.

[ATTACH=full]5147[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5148[/ATTACH]

Looks great. Kind of surprised they aren't waiting to debut them with the new set. Is that gonna be done in time for the Olympics?

It is custom made. It's just production sounding. There's no brand-recall for it. No news music signature.

Just to make sure I'm on the same note here, you actually found out it was a production track (if you don't mind me, from who?), or is it based of your observations from earlier?

Just to make sure I'm on the same note here, you actually found out it was a production track (if you don't mind me, from who?), or is it based of your observations from earlier?

A French company, who's name I can't yet identify, who composed custom production tracks for Tegna.

Looks as if NBC12/ABC25(FCN) has debuted the new gfx per traffic anchor's Katie Jefferies IG page. In that case, (correct me if I'm wrong) WJXX would be the first ABC affiliate to debut them.

Well seeing that is a duopoly situation, it's too early to say ABC stations are next... KPNX has yet to get them... I've tried to contact several peeps with no response.. However, they have finally switched to the new website as of this morning.. so any day now I'm sure...

Well seeing that is a duopoly situation, it's too early to say ABC stations are next... KPNX has yet to get them... I've tried to contact several peeps with no response.. However, they have finally switched to the new website as of this morning.. so any day now I'm sure...

They will. I have confirmation that KPNX will have a new set and graphics.

In response to a post I deleted: [quote name='Weeters']The KXTV/WTSP graphics package is not related to this new graphics packge. So, no. They are not the first.[/QUOTE] In relation to KXTV... [quote name='CaptainNews']Already has been for a few months.[/QUOTE] Maybe I was confused. @CaptainNews Did you say that KXTV has the new graphics? That aside, KXTV will probably keep their current social media format...

Archived