TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

WLBZ looks like it's next up...

[MEDIA=twitter]939196643827699713[/MEDIA]

Don't you mean WCSH since they serve as the backbone for WLBZ. The ND serves both the Maine outlets.

Also, according to http://www.newscaststudio.com/2017/12/07/tegna-begins-group-wide-graphics-update-pops-color-minimalism/, it appears that TEGNA wants the new graphics on their NBC stations by February, Super Bowl and Olympics.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, according to http://www.newscaststudio.com/2017/12/07/tegna-begins-group-wide-graphics-update-pops-color-minimalism/, it appears that TEGNA wants the new graphics on their NBC stations by February, Super Bowl and Olympics.

Gee, it's almost like that was posted here the day before NS posted their article. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's WTNZ & WBIR's open:

I like WBIR’s open. Seeing the few graphics in motion gave me a better impression. The only thing I would change is the color scheme of the ticker and time/temp. The white text on the light blue background is difficult to read. I’m also surprised stations still have HD sponsorships.

I don't like them.

Allow me to b!tch for a second. I f*#)ing HATE those weather graphics. Everything about them, but the weather icons especially. Was it Sinclair or Weather Channel who started that crap with using minimalist sun and clouds? Why? They're hard to see. Is that supposed to be a lightning bolt? Stupid. They're also ungodly huge. I knew most local news viewers are old, but are they all BLIND too? Their size only makes sense if the meteorologist isn't intended to be on screen at all.

I get the whole idea of wanting to simply graphics like an app's user interface, but good lord. You're a television broadcast, not a cell phone broadcast. Look like it.

They definitely need to work on the color schemes. However I think the weather icons are definitely inspired by the BBC’s weather graphics.

As for the graphics looking like an app I would save that for mobile and social media with the abbreviations.

All I can say is this... expect new graphics flowing on all TEGNA stations in 2018.

Don't you mean WCSH since they serve as the backbone for WLBZ. The ND serves both the Maine outlets.

What about their CBS stations? When will they roll them out?

Here's WTNZ & WBIR's open:

Who composed this new news music on the opens? Gari? 615? And what's it called?

It's not new news music.

It's production music from Killer Tracks called "World News Live"

They could've done better.

Yeah, they really could've (and should've) done better. But what is the new news music that Tegna will have for the stations if they really are moving away from TiH by Gari?

It's not new news music.

It's production music from Killer Tracks called "World News Live"

They could've done better.

They use that same music on Great News on NBC for the news show "The Breakdown".

Yeah, they really could've (and should've) done better. But what is the new news music that Tegna will have for the stations if they really are moving away from TiH by Gari?

I hear they are updating This is Home.

This is just pure fake news speculation, but I hear the new theme will be "This Ain't Home"

I wish Tegna would do a new theme package with Signatures like (NBC, CBS and Spirit(of Texas))

this is hell to do when graphics are hubbed... you can do the opens, sure but that's really it... every other shared graphic (which is most of them, you would be surprised) would use the generic cut anyways...

i know there's an NBC version of iNergy but few (if any?) of the scripps stations use it...

WBIR should stop thinking it's still 2011 by still promoting that they're in HD. And their open says that they're a TEGNA company. At least it's not at the level of Scripps' KGTV...

As for the graphics looking like an app I would save that for mobile and social media with the abbreviations.

The abbreviation "NXT" (which looks weird, even on a cell phone) reminds me of WKBW's (also a Scripps station, though Granite came up with that name) "AM BFLO". Unless it's a typo.

this is hell to do when graphics are hubbed... you can do the opens, sure but that's really it... every other shared graphic (which is most of them, you would be surprised) would use the generic cut anyways...

i know there's an NBC version of iNergy but few (if any?) of the scripps stations use it...

They all use it. WTMJ and WGBA don't seem to incorporate it in their title cards and bump music as much as the original 3 Scripps NBC stations do (especially KSHB), but they all use it. Scripps only owns 5 NBC affiliates, and doesn't have any master control hubs.

The NBC variant of iNergy debuted with the Scripps package in 2012 on WPTV.

They all use it. WTMJ and WGBA don't seem to incorporate it in their title cards and bump music as much as the original 3 Scripps NBC stations do (especially KSHB), but they all use it. Scripps only owns 5 NBC affiliates, and doesn't have any master control hubs.

Scripps has a master control hub at WRTV in Indianapolis. As for TEGNA, KGW now has the new graphics as of yesterday.

Not so sure about WGBA, but I can tell you I've never heard the NBC variant on WTMJ.

Archived