TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold it!

Of note: The pitch appears to be from someone already within TEGNA.

They are about due for a new look unifying all the stations again, so it wouldn't shock me if something's in the works--maybe in time for the Olympics to try out on KUSA--and it's being developed in-house.

Once again (for, like, the 9000th time) if a "pitch" or "concept" makes it onto the internet there's a 99.9999% chance that it was rejected.

Was TEGNA in the market for new graphics? Maybe. Is this going to be them? No.

Can people do that? Not like PEOPLE people like us, but could someone within a company hypothetically just create a package and show to the big boys in the hopes that they'll like it and decide to role with it?

Can people do that? Not like PEOPLE people like us, but could someone within a company hypothetically just create a package and show to the big boys in the hopes that they'll like it and decide to role with it?

I know a lot of art directors and artists who have just worked on little pet projects to show management. It's a good constructive way to pass time when there's nothing else going on.

I can confirm that Tegna has been working with Troika and will be debuting 'Frames' just before the Olympics. There will probably be a soft launch in late December, so keep an eye out.

You spoiled the surprise!!!

Absolutely...

In fact they may even be required to pitch so many items a month or a year.

It's common for news staffers to be required to pitch so many stories...so I don't think it would be considered unusual for the graphics folks to pitch on a regular basis.

It keeps the creative juices flowing.....

Ummmm...

...Juicy!

I can confirm that Tegna has been working with Troika and will be debuting 'Frames' just before the Olympics. There will probably be a soft launch in late December, so keep an eye out.

Trokia? Wow! Is 'Frames the package in the video? I've heard This is Home is being updated, too. Anything you could say on that?

Trokia? Wow! Is 'Frames the package in the video? I've heard This is Home is being updated, too. Anything you could say on that?

No, The video posted here has nothing to do with the Trokia package. It's a rejected internal pitch by someone working in the TEGNA graphics hub, nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...
Let me bump this topic by letting you know that WBIR in Knoxville has new graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=VYTN4ukvdyM;t=1

You can go to 0:01 to view a portion of these new graphics. This leads me to this question: May this be TEGNA's new graphics for its stations?

If so, they are all over the place over there on WBIR.. weather included:

[MEDIA=twitter]938219265118883840[/MEDIA]

From the Twitter feed, looks like WBIR soft launched today.

If so, they are all over the place over there on WBIR.. weather included:

[MEDIA=twitter]938219265118883840[/MEDIA]

From the Twitter feed, looks like WBIR soft launched today.

How long until every station adopts smartphone-like weather symbols?

Archived