Charlie Rose accused of sexual harrassment

Amra

With all due respect to the good people in Alabama (and no respect for the lousy people), I refuse to let any one state speak for an entire nation, but I get your point. I just don't know that that's the best measure of our national mood.

The distrust between Democrats and Republicans has become so immense, said state issue has become a national issue, as will be the ramifications of that election. The winning side will find a way to make it a measure of the national zeitgeist, regardless of how appropriate (or not) it is.

And no, I have no trust in Alabamians whatsoever to do the right thing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of all the allegations of other Celebrities, politicians, and media personnel that have come out so far, this one hurt me the most. Charlie Rose was someone I respected. I’m so conflicted and confused right now at this. It just really break my heart

"Mick Jagger Groped Me 50 years ago...he should lose his job ."

What's your point? Because Charlie's actions didn't happen yesterday, they shouldn't matter? Or do you just think sexual assault is funny?

To get back on track, I think the last 24 hours should be a case study in how to handle a situation like this. Swift action from CBS followed by frank, honest coverage confronting the issue.

Out of all the allegations of other Celebrities, politicians, and media personnel that have come out so far, this one hurt me the most. Charlie Rose was someone I respected. I’m so conflicted and confused right now at this. It just really break my heart

Exactly. I couldn't have said it any better.

What's your point? Because Charlie's actions didn't happen yesterday, they shouldn't matter? Or do you just think sexual assault is funny?

To get back on track, I think the last 24 hours should be a case study in how to handle a situation like this. Swift action from CBS followed by frank, honest coverage confronting the issue.

The media is feeding a hysteria, but now the media is being eaten by "it's own"...

I think it's funny as hell.

Every single one is getting the same "justice" they have passed out to others....

Like I said last year....

"Rodger Ailes is only the beginning.."

Yup...

I'm cracking up!

Vladimir Duthiers is the first fill-in for Charlie Rose.

I wouldn't call him the first fill-in for Rose. That implies that Rose is coming back, which he's not.

Perhaps we can say that Duthiers is the first of the guest co-hosts, instead.

It's tough to think of who CBS might call upon to help preserve the show's forward momentum. A well-respected journalist who can banter, too, seemed to really work.

If I were CBS brass, I'd be knocking on Chris Cuomo's door.

Serious and seasoned journalist with a sense of humor, too. Has built name recognition and morning show experience on CNN and at GMA.

I would hope that, given Charlie's age, CBS brass might have given some previous thought to who they'd turn to. But, never know.

Regardless of who it is, it will simply be a different dynamic.

It's tough to think of who CBS might call upon to help preserve the show's forward momentum. A well-respected journalist who can banter, too, seemed to really work.

If I were CBS brass, I'd be knocking on Chris Cuomo's door.

Serious and seasoned journalist with a sense of humor, too. Has built name recognition and morning show experience on CNN and at GMA.

I would hope that, given Charlie's age, CBS brass might have given some previous thought to who they'd turn to. But, never know.

Regardless of who it is, it will simply be a different dynamic.

...and stiff as a board to boot. Never seems comfortable when I watch him on New Day.

Let's also thank Charlie on behalf of all those people now out of work during the holidays.

I'm sure all the employees of the production company are grateful to the women who waited all this time to report Mr. Rose...the other women who had nothing to do with the misconduct are grateful also.

Scorched earth.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle

I would vote no to both. They are better off staying at MSNBC. I think the role at CBS This Morning requires someone who is, aside from having excellent journalistic skills, both objective and level-headed. Neither of these two fit that bill imo.

If Anthony Mason isn’t offered the job, I’d say Harry Smith. I’m not sure how much longer he has on his NBC contract but he’s a familiar and trusted face and has been an important part of CBS This Morning since the late 80s. I know most would argue been there, done that...they’ll never be #1 with Harry, etc but he’s solid and completely under utilized on NBC.

I would vote no to both. They are better off staying at MSNBC. I think the role at CBS This Morning requires someone who is, aside from having excellent journalistic skills, both objective and level-headed. Neither of these two fit that bill imo.

Didn't stop progressive Alex Wagner from being an anchor on CTM: Saturday.

Didn't stop progressive Alex Wagner from being an anchor on CTM: Saturday.

Her 'voice' has never carried much weight. She was a very small fish at MSNBC and is likely a non-factor at CBS. Has she ever filled in during the week? I completely forgot she was on the weekend show.

Archived