Charlie Rose accused of sexual harrassment

Amra

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kicking himself for playing hardball with ABC only to have them call his bluff? Or thinking his buddy at NBC would actually give him Matt Lauer’s job? Or for announcing his own promotion at CBS after being told not to?

Damn, that's a lot of bruises.

I can see Mason taking the AM spot, unless they go to MSNBC and bring the dynamic duo of Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle and bump up Nora to co-anchor the Evening News with Jeff Glor. But again, I hope they give Anthony Mason the job.

Well this is what happens when you let the (down stream) media run wild and unchecked.

Payback and karma is a bitch.

Not like the other side is in the clear. See Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, and possibly Sean Hannity.

I'll just leave these here....

That just makes too much sense.

And now a PSA from NEOmatrix:

Ok, this is 2017, people, not the 50s. Just because Donald Trump admitted to fondling women's genitals and (somehow) became President of the United States, doesn't mean that other people should go out and grab buttocks, make weird phone calls, and take pics of his or her shriveled-up naughty bits. All I ask is that people treat people like people in the workplace. That way, everyone can feel safe about doing his or her job.

This is a huge blow to CBS and quite a shame, I really enjoyed the Trio on CTM.

I think there is little doubt that Charlie Rose will be fired, though at what point have we gone from "hate the sin, not the sinner," to "hate both the sin and the sinner." As terrible as it genuinely sounds, it really is a generational thing and it's only in this generation that this conduct is being shut down in such a manner that we basically know already Rose will be fired.

What next? I wouldn't be surprised to see a trio of women, maybe Alex Wagner or Bianna Golodryga. Anthony Mason would be another obvious candidate. Maybe Oprah? But seriously, CBS has a big decision to make if they do fire Rose. I would love to see George Stephanopoulos take over, I think he would be a great fit on the program.

I almost feel for Rose. Unless I missed something, all of the allegations are from 10+ years ago, and even just 10 years ago, society had a much different culture and it's only recently that this stuff is coming to light. Not to say what he did was okay, but when you get away with this behavior for so long (a lifetime) you begin to think this behavior is normal. And every generation before ours grew up that way. I bet when Rose had to report story after story of another star going down for sexual harassment, he learned his lesson and realized what he had done was wrong. Maybe not, I don't know the man. Fortunately or unfortunately, he'll likely learn another lesson when he is fired from CBS any day now.

Archived