Charlie Rose accused of sexual harrassment

Amra

Jim Williams posted this Washington Post article on his FB. Charlie Rose apologized for the incidents. Now, what is going to happen with CBS This Morning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?pushid=5a134cefedb3621d00000034&tidr=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.b04d64746748

Note: Not sure where to post the thread, please move to proper subforum.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Williams posted this Washington Post article on his FB. Charlie Rose apologized for the incidents. Now, what is going to happen with CBS This Morning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?pushid=5a134cefedb3621d00000034&tidr=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.b04d64746748

This is the biggest sexual harassment media-related accusation to have come forward today. I just can't believe it but now the world is showing that nothing or no one is safe from sexual harassment.

Dang, this is totally get out of hand. Very unfortunate circumstances if it is true or just an exaggeration made by the accusers.

CBS must be talking and considering replacements already. Anthony Mason, Don Dahler, Tony Dokoupil, Lee Cowan? Josh Elliott, are you still available? Jake Tapper or Willie Geist? Russ Mitchell, wanna come back? Yikes.

EDIT: Bill Weir will be a good replacement too, we've seen him this past summer substituting on CBS This Morning.

Okay, just throwing this out there...

How about we don't throw names of other journalists out there just because of a few guys. That is the absolute worst kind of speculation. Crap like that is legit libel.

I mean, really.

Also, it's pure speculation to recast CBSTM, which is ultimately irrelevant to this story. These kinds of allegations shouldn't be fodder for us to start playing our usual fantasy games.

Very unfortunate, hate to see the show and the people that work on CBS This Morning to suffer through this. Will CBS suspend and cut ties with Rose, a matter of time?

CBS This Morning has established and built their reputation on integrity in morning news, to have this situation shadow their momentum that has nourished and replenish the CBS News brand is sad, especially since they are prepping Jeff Glor's new evening show. The network and news organization needs to think fast.

It was just reported on the local level on ABC 7 Chicago, so I couldn't imagine the mothership not mentioning it. They should handle it properly like WLS did, report the allegations, give his response, and if either of his networks make a statement by airtime.

Good Grief! ROSE?!?!?!? Seriously?!?!!?

I HOPE this isn't true!!!

On the other hand, I hope this is true and not just a new fad, accusing people. Anyone else concerned with how many people are being accused now?

For the record, I mean no disrespect to people reeling from this, I just hope this all in truth and not for other reasons.

Also, what happens to PBS' late night schedule?

If any of you seen some of those compilation about the sexual tension that John Oliver makes at CBS This Morning you could have made some inferences.

Someone on one of those You-Tube videos just commented about 22 minutes ago, "Well, this is awkward now.". I agree.

Dang, this is totally get out of hand. Very unfortunate circumstances if it is true or just an exaggeration made by the accusers.

CBS must be talking and considering replacements already. Anthony Mason, Don Dahler, Tony Dokoupil, Lee Cowan? Josh Elliott, are you still available? Jake Tapper or Willie Geist? Russ Mitchell, wanna come back? Yikes.

They certainly are. He's suspended... and likely will be forced out.

That WaPo story is pretty damning, and in his statement he admits to (at least some of) it. It seems hard to believe CBS will do anything other than fire him outright. If they don't, they'll be the subject of endless criticism, advocacy-group attacks, and dropped advertisers.

Who will replace him? Mason? Pelley? Jake Tapper?

He may not have the star power, but if Rose is dismissed, I feel like it should be Mason's. They've shown that they are partial to the internal candidates, Mason came from the Saturday morning show, and this would make up for getting passed over for the evening shift, despite putting in the time over the summer.

Archived