New MTP Graphics

CaptainNews

New Meet the Press Graphics. These graphics debuted on November 12, 2017. Overall, a good design but the coloring looks a tad bit off. To me, the graphics are too light and doesn’t reflect a political environment. Anyways, here it is!

(Courtesy of Newscast Studio)

Open:

Lower third and other elements:

(L3 Appears at 0:38 on last YouTube link.)

Photos:

397003B0-7643-4F17-ACEC-C9A568BC874C.thumb.jpeg.21e0373b5d8cac8d3eec723c340d89a5.jpeg

66DFA15B-EFBE-49C3-A101-06A17CB8DC73.thumb.jpeg.ac5eb41129532d02ffc28a7eea7779b8.jpeg

E9784253-1503-4C90-AD96-4661B10B475A.thumb.jpeg.e2ddec3fff71fc8b6722ae743812f01a.jpeg

The logo is new too. And it looks great; especially fitting for the Chuck Todd era.

Love the graphics too.

That Meet the Press font is laughably bad. Also, do we really need Dennis Haysbert, the voice of Allstate as the voice? It doesn't fit. I'm not impressed with any of this, honestly.

Lower thirds and other graphics are blue. Wow, MTP really is deep in the DNC's pocket huh? Even their colors are representative of their liberal slant! /s

MTP's color scheme has always been primarily blue... even going back to the Tim Russert days.

The graphics were extended MTP Daily as well. The opens the same ( topic bar fits below the MSNBC bug) style just with different imagery and no voice over - more of the politicians than the landmarks of DC on network. I believe the connected dots are in the same position.

That Meet the Press font is laughably bad.

Potato, potahto.

Also, do we really need Dennis Haysbert, the voice of Allstate as the voice? It doesn't fit. I'm not impressed with any of this, honestly.

We didn't need Michael Douglas as the announcer of BriWi era Nightly News either; but hey, someone found it cool.

Potato, potahto.

We didn't need Michael Douglas as the announcer of BriWi era Nightly News either; but hey, someone found it cool.

I know a number of design agency owners who, when I asked, agreed with me on the font. So while it is an opinion, industry insiders agree with me.

BriWi liked it. BriWi requested it, iirc.

I know a number of design agency owners who, when I asked, agreed with me on the font. So while it is an opinion, industry insiders agree with me.

Okay. And in another opinion, I still like it. Problem?

Well, then, my point is proven. (I personally like the choice too) Nice talk.

i know "industry insiders" who like the font...

in fact... i hear 100% of NBC's network news art directors love the font...

i have so many insiders... so many... in fact just the other day Scott Jones of ftvlive called me to tell me how many more insiders i know... i have some of the best insiders, folks, the best... and together we can bring the insiders here to tvnewstalk and #MakeTVNTGreatAgain...

:rolleyes::D

Archived