Fox in talks to sell to Disney

The Frog

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

Who made this picture? One of the anti-Disney employees that are currently working at Fox?

It aired on last Sunday's Family Guy. A plot point was the headline of that paper, and they quickly panned down to show that.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 24994J said:

It aired on last Sunday's Family Guy. A plot point was the headline of that paper, and they quickly panned down to show that.

So the characters on Family Guy apparently don't want to go to Disney I would assume because Disney is more Family-Friendly and doesn't allow the things seen on shows like Family Guy and The Simpson's

4 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

So the characters on Family Guy apparently don't want to go to Disney I would assume because Disney is more Family-Friendly and doesn't allow the things seen on shows like Family Guy and The Simpson's

You're reading way too much into it. Those shows you named make jokes about everyone and everything. Also, the notion that Disney only does family friendly is laughable.

2 minutes ago, 24994J said:

You're reading way too much into it. Those shows you named make jokes about everyone and everything. Also, the notion that Disney only does family friendly is laughable.

Of course, I don't watch Family Guy or any of the stuff Fox airs or used to air on Sunday nights so I would assume that those shows were or are meant to be like SNL or what is it exactly the intentions of stuff like this?

53 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Of course, I don't watch Family Guy or any of the stuff Fox airs or used to air on Sunday nights so I would assume that those shows were or are meant to be like SNL or what is it exactly the intentions of stuff like this?

A gentle ribbing. Seth MacFarlane talked to Bob Iger when the deal was first announced and has reassurance that Disney won't mess with his shows. The Fox cartoons mock the network and Rupert Murdoch all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 10:01 PM, Ramona said:

And Brazil has officially given the deal the greenlight . In addition to selling off Fox Sports in Brazil, Disney will also have to sell off sports rights related to the Fox Sports channel in Brazil

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mvcg66b3r said:

That means they have until June 20 to sell the RSNs.

And if THIS tweet is correct it'll be well before June 2oth before they find a buyer (the only question mark becomes will Disney be able to complete the sale of the FSNs in 90 days or less?)

https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1105477695301914624

They can close the deal because the IFT gave the green light yesterday, with conditions. The conditions fall into two categories.

To avoid potential coordination between A&E (in which Disney owns a stake) and Disney-Fox (with Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild) in the genre of documentary and factual cable programming, the IFT ordered that Disney officials and board members at A&E be kept separate from information regarding sales for the A&E channels (similarly to the US, A&E, Lifetime, History and H2 which still exists in Latin America) and that carriage negotiations for A&E and the Nat Geo bouquet remain separate.

The IFT also ordered Disney-Fox to hold separate Fox Sports and spin off the Mexican Fox Sports operation to an independent buyer, with the following conditions:

• The sale must include "all of the assets necessary to maintain Fox Sports as a viable, independent business", including event rights, contracts and facilities.
  • The sale must be completed within six months unless an extension is absolutely necessary. If a sale cannot be completed even with a six-month extension, Fox Sports México must be placed into a blind trust.
  • Disney and Fox must name an independent administrator, a trustee (subject to IFT approval), and an independent auditor (subject to IFT approval).
  • After Fox Sports is sold, additional restrictions kick in to prevent poaching of talent and resources from Fox:
    • Disney cannot attempt to buy Fox Sports, in part or whole, for 10 years.
    • Disney cannot poach key talent from Fox Sports for 3 years.
    • Disney cannot add more sports channels.
    • Disney cannot acquire the rights to events to which Fox Sports currently holds exclusive rights.
    • Disney must license the Fox name to the buyer for use in the cable sports industry.

43 minutes ago, Ramona said:

They can close the deal because the IFT gave the green light yesterday, with conditions. The conditions fall into two categories.

To avoid potential coordination between A&E (in which Disney owns a stake) and Disney-Fox (with Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild) in the genre of documentary and factual cable programming, the IFT ordered that Disney officials and board members at A&E be kept separate from information regarding sales for the A&E channels (similarly to the US, A&E, Lifetime, History and H2 which still exists in Latin America) and that carriage negotiations for A&E and the Nat Geo bouquet remain separate.

The IFT also ordered Disney-Fox to hold separate Fox Sports and spin off the Mexican Fox Sports operation to an independent buyer, with the following conditions:

• The sale must include "all of the assets necessary to maintain Fox Sports as a viable, independent business", including event rights, contracts and facilities.
  • The sale must be completed within six months unless an extension is absolutely necessary. If a sale cannot be completed even with a six-month extension, Fox Sports México must be placed into a blind trust.
  • Disney and Fox must name an independent administrator, a trustee (subject to IFT approval), and an independent auditor (subject to IFT approval).
  • After Fox Sports is sold, additional restrictions kick in to prevent poaching of talent and resources from Fox:
    • Disney cannot attempt to buy Fox Sports, in part or whole, for 10 years.
    • Disney cannot poach key talent from Fox Sports for 3 years.
    • Disney cannot add more sports channels.
    • Disney cannot acquire the rights to events to which Fox Sports currently holds exclusive rights.
    • Disney must license the Fox name to the buyer for use in the cable sports industry.

Well i can think of one perfectly good answer to end all answers......

mickey-once-upon-christmas-disneyscreenc

Well that figures!

5 hours ago, TVLurker said:

End of an era indeed.

May you rest in peace 20th Century Fox (as an independent film studio).

Well, I am glad that Disney plans to keep the 20th Century Fox brand, logo, fanfare, history and legacy alive for centuries to come. Unclear on whether or not Disney would upgrade the Disney Television Studios name by phasing out the ABC- and Fox-related television production labels.

Hey OKNewsGuy,

You said something that caught my curiosity:

"This is something Liberty might consider but they probably won't do it. It'd be awesome if they did though.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg reported the other day that Twins Owner Jim Pohlad has joined the Liberty-Platinum bid and now the New York Post has reported via its sources, that the owners of the Arizona Diamondbacks, Milwaukee Brewers, and Cleveland Browns might join the Liberty-Platinum bid."

is this the same platinum group run by Tom Gores [owner of the Detroit Pistons] or am I thinking another Platinum ??

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

The New Fox Corp. website is live.

Two observations:

1) Fox Business Network being briefly mentioned under Fox News rather than getting its logo on the homepage speaks volumes about how FBN is viewed internally -- as, basically, Fox News 2.

2) The face of FNC on the site? Chris Wallace.

2 hours ago, lugnuts6 said:

Hey OKNewsGuy,

You said something that caught my curiosity:

"This is something Liberty might consider but they probably won't do it. It'd be awesome if they did though.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg reported the other day that Twins Owner Jim Pohlad has joined the Liberty-Platinum bid and now the New York Post has reported via its sources, that the owners of the Arizona Diamondbacks, Milwaukee Brewers, and Cleveland Browns might join the Liberty-Platinum bid."

is this the same platinum group run by Tom Gores [owner of the Detroit Pistons] or am I thinking another Platinum ??

Correct, Platinum is run by Tom Gores

Reason I asked is, if memory serves me correctly, Chris Illitch was contemplating starting up his own sports network for the red wings /tigers when the FSDetroit contract expires in 2021

But with Gores as a partner with Liberty media in a bid for the 21 former fox sports regional nets . that plan could be somewhat moot yes??

Archived