Fox in talks to sell to Disney

The Frog

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Buck and Aikman twice a week if they win TNF from CBS. Oh joy.

On a side note, the NFL should either end TNF entirely or change it so it’s two teams coming off bye weeks.

Many of the articles are saying that they are looking at some changes, including teams coming off byes. Also of note, sounds like Disney is putting together a strong bid with the hopes of placing the games on ABC.

*sighs* well so much for my prediction ESPN taking Thursday night football rights to ABC. RATS!!!

I'd much prefer ESPN right a wrong they did years ago by putting Monday Night Football back on ABC where it belongs instead of exclusively on cable.

I'd much prefer ESPN right a wrong they did years ago by putting Monday Night Football back on ABC where it belongs instead of exclusively on cable.

MNF airs a doubleheader on week 1. Eastern and Central ABC affiliates won’t like that.

NFL will do what maximizes their profit. If the incumbents feel the sharing agreement the last two years was better for all around, it may be hard for Fox to come in unless they plan to waste a lot of money since the TNF package is the dog of what is available.

NFL will do what maximizes their profit. If the incumbents feel the sharing agreement the last two years was better for all around, it may be hard for Fox to come in unless they plan to waste a lot of money since the TNF package is the dog of what is available.

could they split the package between three networks?

I remember WFAA carried ESPN MNF when the Cowboys were playing Monday Night.

They still do.

Just as TEGNA's WFAA simulcasts Cowboys MNF games despite KTVT being the team's official station, all Hearst stations in NFL markets, even if they are not ABC affiliates or official stations of the teams they air, also do, with Hearst's minority stake in ESPN.

Maybe TEGNA should do the same thing with WJXX and the Jaguars.

I hope the networks refusing to lose money on a football package starts a return to sanity in licensing rights. The NFL and its teams are legal sports monopolies making an obscene amount of money each year. The average cost for four people to attend ONE game is $503. For New England and D.C. games that rises to $650. (https://goo.gl/PxWkWD) Player and management salaries have been wildly ridiculous for years. Cities spend billions of dollars on facilities while infrastructure that could actually improve life for their citizens is made to wait. Don't get me wrong. I like football and during the season watch my fair share of games. But a pushback against being held hostage by insane licensing rights is long overdue.

(And before someone says it, yes, NBA and MLB fees are ridiculous too, but this is an NFL discussion.)

So Fox has TNF all by themselves now. Just like CBS before splitting it up with NBC.

NBC and CBS had no desire to overpay for the TNF franchise. Bad matchups. Lower ratings. Good luck with it, Fox, who are more desperate for ratings and eyeballs in primetime than the big 3.

Archived