Fox in talks to sell to Disney

The Frog

will they build a Simpsons or Family Guy land at Disneyworld? could those shows eventually move to ABC?

Family Guy is too raunchy and violent for the Disney theme parks. I wonder if Disney is going to keep the Simpsons Ride around at both Universal Studios.

I'd bet on Family Guy and The Simpsons sticking around on Fox.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to crank up the ol’ MegaMergerThon 5000:

Dox?

Fox n’ Mouse?

GlobalMegaCorp, Inc :ehhhh:

:beepboopbopboop:

MegaMergerThon 5000 has produced with a 48% chance of likeability:

Foxney

Watch for the FSNs to be renamed "ESPN (region/city)".

That part of the deal is what I'm intrigued by, at a personal, local level. The Chicago Cubs are allegedly looking for a broadcast partner to launch their own network after their current broadcast contracts expire in 2019. With ESPN entering the regional fray, and the Cubs already having a relationship with Disney-owned WLS, I'm curious to see if this goes anywhere.

I'll say this, I don't think nor do I expect Disney to dump ESPN because they would not have acquired BAMTech or Fox's Regional Sports Networks if Disney got rid of ESPN, on top of that it would take Hearst to sell their stake in ESPN in order for Disney to spin the network off and that ain't happening either.

It would be nice for Sinclair or someone else to buy ESPN but chances of that happening are slim to none

Some of your theories are a bit “out there.” Sinclair buying ESPN? No chance in hell. ABC isn’t getting rid of ESPN anytime soon.

Watch for the FSNs to be renamed "ESPN (region/city)".

And for 20th Century Fox to cut ties with HBO.

Out of anything in this thread, this is the most likely immediate thing to happen. Expect more content deals initially before the crazy idea of rides in the parks. This could also include the fact that the Star Wars saga could be re-released all in its original form now.

Family Guy is too raunchy and violent for the Disney theme parks. I wonder if Disney is going to keep the Simpsons Ride around at both Universal Studios.

I'd bet on Family Guy and The Simpsons sticking around on Fox.

Disney just bought a veritable gold mine with the lucrative syndication deals from both The Simpsons and Family Guy franchises. Both shows should have ended long ago, but the demand still exists for new product. In that regard, this is a perfect union with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars franchise.

If anything, TimeWarner ought to be worried about Disney pulling the entire Seth MacFarlane portfolio off of Adult Swim and TBS in favor of the FX nets.

Disney just bought a veritable gold mine with the lucrative syndication deals from both The Simpsons and Family Guy franchises. Both shows should have ended long ago, but the demand still exists for new product. In that regard, this is a perfect union with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars franchise.

If anything, TimeWarner ought to be worried about Disney pulling the entire Seth MacFarlane portfolio off of Adult Swim and TBS in favor of the FX nets.

If Freeform didn't get named such, we could've had Family Guy on ABC Family.

If Freeform didn't get named such, we could've had Family Guy on ABC Family.

Talk about "a new kind of family"

This deal will not fly. I am also left wondering how the main Fox network would be able to sustain itself without the required synergies. Or will they have to become more of a "publisher-broadcaster" that is more dependent on indies?

Archived