Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
24994J

Updated Telemundo O&O Graphics

Take the current local Telemundo look, crossbreed it with NBC's Look N, and this is what you get, and dammit, I think it looks better than Look N. Watch it before it's gone.

(Note: It's entirely possible that this has debuted on some stations and I just slept through it. I know Chicago doesn't have this.)

[MEDIA=vimeo]241068543[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Didn't T20 San Diego have some new bottom ticker element?

My only complaint is the layout of "MARTES 23 / DE JUNIO DE 2017". So awkward. Otherwise it's excellent.

It's not in use at KTAZ yet.

Pretty good use of both graphics. I think it looks better than Look N personally. However, the weather graphics I don’t like. The almanac is fine but the mid-upper third with the Radar/satellite title needs to be redesigned.

My takeaway from this is that I wish NBC had executed this type of revamp with Look F. Yes, a few stations got the update, and those that didn't adjusted for full width, but that KNBC/WMAQ evolution would've been a great starting point to introduce the Look N elements (revamped bug, the upper and lower bars). To me, Look N is just too utilitarian and cable-like, but I digress.

• Like 4

I’m still curious as to why it said Telemundo Las Vegas...

Edit: I was unaware the Telemundo station in Las Vegas was an O&O.

• Like 2

Is there any word when this package will be launched or could it just be a prospective design that didn’t make it off the floor?

• Like 1

WSCV the Telemundo affiliate here in Miami has been using some elements of this "update" to promote their new midday newscast, but no update graphics with the launch as of yet.

• Like 1

Looks like the Telemundo station in Houston, Chicago, and DC are using the new Telemundo graphics.

Looks like the Telemundo station in Houston, Chicago, and DC are using the new Telemundo graphics.

So has Boston/Hartford (in some elements)

• Like 1

The only O&Os that aren't using the new graphics is KTDO in El Paso, WTMO in Orlando, and WRMD in Tampa.

Not sure if this rolled out with the Look N similarity but before the lower third would end perfectly at the edges of the T.  Now the Chyron is mainly the same but it fades to the T without such a sharp ending.  I’m guessing it occurred with the switch to Ross XPression. 

Here you go...

https://vimeo.com/323525270

12 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

Not sure if this rolled out with the Look N similarity but before the lower third would end perfectly at the edges of the T.  Now the Chyron is mainly the same but it fades to the T without such a sharp ending.  I’m guessing it occurred with the switch to Ross XPression. 

Here you go...

https://vimeo.com/323525270

This is my local Telemundo station : )

And also, the graphics rolled out because of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, while Look N premiered in 2016.