Updated Telemundo O&O Graphics

24994J

Take the current local Telemundo look, crossbreed it with NBC's Look N, and this is what you get, and dammit, I think it looks better than Look N. Watch it before it's gone.

(Note: It's entirely possible that this has debuted on some stations and I just slept through it. I know Chicago doesn't have this.)

[MEDIA=vimeo]241068543[/MEDIA]

My takeaway from this is that I wish NBC had executed this type of revamp with Look F. Yes, a few stations got the update, and those that didn't adjusted for full width, but that KNBC/WMAQ evolution would've been a great starting point to introduce the Look N elements (revamped bug, the upper and lower bars). To me, Look N is just too utilitarian and cable-like, but I digress.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Not sure if this rolled out with the Look N similarity but before the lower third would end perfectly at the edges of the T.  Now the Chyron is mainly the same but it fades to the T without such a sharp ending.  I’m guessing it occurred with the switch to Ross XPression. 

Here you go...

https://vimeo.com/323525270

12 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

Not sure if this rolled out with the Look N similarity but before the lower third would end perfectly at the edges of the T.  Now the Chyron is mainly the same but it fades to the T without such a sharp ending.  I’m guessing it occurred with the switch to Ross XPression. 

Here you go...

https://vimeo.com/323525270

This is my local Telemundo station : )

And also, the graphics rolled out because of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, while Look N premiered in 2016.

Archived