WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alain Hernandez did a resynch mix of Chroma Cues and Enforcer. I think it’s great fit.

I like it better than the garbage music they're using now

I dunno, the three-tones from Chroma Cues and the Metropolis cut of Enforcer just sounds weird to me.

Alain Hernandez did a resynch mix of Chroma Cues and Enforcer. I think it’s great fit.

This resynch is scary good. The best of both worlds while keeping a part of JZ lore intact (and matched perfectly with the TV Hill shot).

Probably the only way it could be better is if Gari were to perform those first three notes with the same instruments used on Enforcer (like they did with Advantage for WFSB) but beggars can’t be choosers.

KC Robertson, please, get on this. :3

This resynch is scary good. The best of both worlds while keeping a part of JZ lore intact (and matched perfectly with the TV Hill shot).

Probably the only way it could be better is if Gari were to perform those first three notes with the same instruments used on Enforcer (like they did with Advantage for WFSB) but beggars can’t be choosers.

KC Robertson, please, get on this. :3

Not to get off topic, but the WFSB Advantage-Enforcer Hybrid had zero effort put into it.

The Advantage signature in the Enforcer hybrid cuts was directly pulled from the FIRST generation of Advantage and does not fit at all.

Gari Music was in the midst of being sold at the time of the package's creation, so there's that.

Not to get off topic, but the WFSB Advantage-Enforcer Hybrid had zero effort put into it.

The Advantage signature in the Enforcer hybrid cuts was directly pulled from the FIRST generation of Advantage and does not fit at all.

Gari Music was in the midst of being sold at the time of the package's creation, so there's that.

Similar pacing but no. I don't think so. I listened to every version in the First Gen of the Advantage signature and didn't find the same key used or the same pacing in that key.

I do find that the KYW version of Enforcer is very lazy. They didn't integrate it into the theme, just added another instrument track with the KYW sig.

Hey, the set's not even completed yet, They're still trying to find their footing in this... strange new world (well, strange for them, since WJZ's been stuck in the 90s).

And that's what I told everyone about what Jessica Kartaljia said along with Audra Swain, the set is not even complete yet... They should've waited until the end of the year or the start of 2019 to show it. Some things are not ready and functioning yet...

They should've waited until the end of the year or the start of 2019 to show it. Some things are not ready and functioning yet...

Stop it. None of this purple neon mess needed to continue any longer than it did. One wise one said, “If it’s over 8, it’s time to replace!” And he was right :eek:

Stop it. None of this purple neon mess needed to continue any longer than it did. One wise one said, “If it’s over 8, it’s time to replace!” And he was right :eek:

Exactly. We now know we can’t put the last 20 years squarely on KC. The retired head honcho, Group W loyalist he was, not only enabled it, he completely let JZ stay dormant - technically and visually - for the sake of a buck.

Exactly. We now know we can’t put the last 20 years squarely on KC. The retired head honcho, Group W loyalist he was, not only enabled it, he completely let JZ stay dormant - technically and visually - for the sake of a buck.

However, despite all of that, WJZ has been #1 or #2 in ALL timeslots.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He lived up to it.

WJZ had a jingle that went: " There's Baltimore's Favorite News Team on WJZ. Denise. Vic. Sally and Kai. There talking right to me, Eyewitness News on WJZ." It was during their neon logo era in the early 2000s.

However, despite all of that, WJZ has been #1 or #2 in ALL timeslots.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He lived up to it.

They aren’t as dominant as they had been in years (or decades) past, but WJZ is still highly competitive, unlike... say... WFOR.

Even as the aesthetics for WJZ slowly became terribly dated and chintzy, that still wouldn’t have been just cause to let the previous GM go. And CBS knew it.

Random thought but does anyone else think 615's A New WISH would be a perfect fit for WJZ? I know it's not going to happen but the three note signature sounds similar enough to Chroma Cues and the package has that upbeat sound that they seem to be going for with that music they're using in the open these days. Just a late night thought.

Random thought but does anyone else think 615's A New WISH would be a perfect fit for WJZ? I know it's not going to happen but the three note signature sounds similar enough to Chroma Cues and the package has that upbeat sound that they seem to be going for with that music they're using in the open these days. Just a late night thought.

No. Just no. They'd be better off using Icon News as music, which has more defined similarities to Chroma Cues than A New WISH ever would.

Archived