WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

I always thought this one was actually kind of cool. It’s hyper local.

Adding the Oriole bird? Yeah it was neat but apparently went against the CBS Eye-dentity guidelines and probably the Orioles as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adding the Oriole bird? Yeah it was neat but apparently went against the CBS Eye-dentity guidelines and probably the Orioles as well.

That and it just looked... garish. Something you might expect in market #110.

• 2 weeks later...

WJZ added a camera. It’s their Light City Camera at the Maryland Science Center. There are not many places you can place a camera and get a decent shot of Harborplace and some of the skyscrapers. But they did a decent job.

I don’t know if this is temporary camera as they keep mentioning Light City and the science center. They are the exclusive media sponsor of Light City. So it could be them reinforcing the event and the Science Center mention is a part of their agreement to place the camera.

If it isn’t temporary it could add a semi decent background to a live monitor on a new set.

WJZ added a camera. It’s their Light City Camera at the Maryland Science Center. There are not many places you can place a camera and get a decent shot of Harborplace and some of the skyscrapers. But they did a decent job.

I don’t know if this is temporary camera as they keep mentioning Light City and the science center. They are the exclusive media sponsor of Light City. So it could be them reinforcing the event and the Science Center mention is a part of their agreement to place the camera.

If it isn’t temporary it could add a semi decent background to a live monitor on a new set.

WBAL says hi by the way.

Another WJZ logo out in the wild. I think this was just being Lazy on whomever designed the onscreen graphics for Labs@LightCity. I think they may have taken the KOVR logo and added WJZ in the bottom. The official LightCity website and other promotions have the correct logo.

5745FB2B-F38D-4E56-BF53-7B69773DCF67.thumb.jpeg.48aa947a1bb6da95cdd68abbd5784ab1.jpeg

so I am assuming someone at Light City stole from you Ramona. Thats not cool

It's probably not that malicious, though it is kinda funny. They probably just do a quick search online and pick something (it was the 7th image result for me when simply searching 'WJZ'), though there was definitely some work done to remove the box. I can't tell you how many times organizations and companies have mixed up the O&O ABC 7 logos for outside usage. Heck, I've seen a logo mock I made for WFLD in 2012 on the walls of several restaurants in the Chicago area. It just happens.

so I am assuming someone at Light City stole from you Ramona. Thats not cool

I'm more laughing than unhappy here. This has happened before to other people but never to me!

Many of the cases are in sports.

They definitely did a Google search and came up with my logo, which to be fair, *does* have a 1 designed to mimic the one in the Group W set.

It's probably not that malicious, though it is kinda funny. They probably just do a quick search online and pick something (it was the 7th image result for me when simply searching 'WJZ'), though there was definitely some work done to remove the box. I can't tell you how many times organizations and companies have mixed up the O&O ABC 7 logos for outside usage. Heck, I've seen a logo mock I made for WFLD in 2012 on the walls of several restaurants in the Chicago area. It just happens.

I'm more laughing than unhappy here. This has happened before to other people but never to me!

Many of the cases are in sports.

They definitely did a Google search and came up with my logo, which to be fair, *does* have a 1 designed to mimic the one in the Group W set.

Well, then hooray! Ramona's work got some air time. :D

Whoops. I’m sorry, Ramona.

It does kind of look bad in potato quality...

When I designed it, the goal was to create something that matched the other CBS stations while being just custom enough to retain the existing logo's brand equity.

Yikes, and to think that was three years ago, too...

There is a place in the Zagzu province of China that cranks out fake WJZ logos by the container shipload.

Fake, full of lead and could probably poison children...

Anywhoooooo,,,

I shot this neato photo for you at March Air Reserve Base.

You have your own nose art !

It's an A-26C from the olden days when planes had big fans...and didn't have wifi.

1723962044_RamonaA26Cnoseart.thumb.jpg.f6b55f2c7a2357115a38b492c5e54b3a.jpg

So my hypothesis that the set they’re currently using was moved or being built in the It’s Acadedic Studio appears to be wrong. The show was filming this past weekend.

So I guess they are either just making changes or the sets being built in the same studio. But at the same time with filming over building may start.

Archived