WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

Just had a heart attack thinking WJZ teased a new set. Watching the 6:30 and it started with a clip from WFOR KFMB where a flamingo jumped on the anchors head.

It was a tight shot where you saw the metallic top of the desk, the coanchors and only the videowall.

Lol yeah they got the discounted price of the KCNC Desk but upgraded the front from a duratrans to a LED curved monitor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s going to be the CBS O&O sets they’ve launched. However I think it’s going to be to much change.

Edit: It’s someone who I have mentioned before and if needed they could help from a far.

I am kind of worried about this if they get the full set design. We are talking about a station that literally only has one monitor on set that most of the time shows one or two static graphics and is used to show a live shot for the past 20 years. Their newsroom liveshot likely is playing a loop of their logo direct from the TV. They are going to need to add character generators, video wall controllers, and who knows what else to make it work.

i've seen plenty of "dumb" wall setups.... video walls without a real controller... if you get creative with your chyron or viz templates and have a semi competent technical director you can fake most of what a controller would do either in the cg or the switcher...

same for needing more character generators... grab an old PC that has an HDMI port and a HDMI>SDI converter and tah dah... you have a box that plays out the default wall image... costs a couple hundred bucks at most...

cbs will probably shell out the money to get them something...

i've seen plenty of "dumb" wall setups.... video walls without a real controller... if you get creative with your chyron or viz templates and have a semi competent technical director you can fake most of what a controller would do either in the cg or the switcher...

same for needing more character generators... grab an old PC that has an HDMI port and a HDMI>SDI converter and tah dah... you have a box that plays out the default wall image... costs a couple hundred bucks at most...

cbs will probably shell out the money to get them something...

As I understand it their CG are ancient. They could be updating everything.

They (BAL) need a new set too. They can keep the theme and maybe the SD open, but they need to put some screens or flipcards on the score displays.

BAL has a new set. The DC versions a bit worse.

They (BAL) need a new set too. They can keep the theme and maybe the SD open, but they need to put some screens or flipcards on the score displays.

...how does something like this intro still get aired on a network O&O? Is it apathy? I did not think it could get worse than the Manic Monday intro I saw posted (with an old logo!) but this is definitely worse.

...how does something like this intro still get aired on a network O&O? Is it apathy? I did not think it could get worse than the Manic Monday intro I saw posted (with an old logo!) but this is definitely worse.

Because it’s not produced by WJZ. It’s Academic just use their production facilities and WJZ likely gets a “free” E/I show. Probably a you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours situation.

And here’s the WRC open - just as bad.

WJZ is using tight shots and I wonder if that means they’ve moved home base to their second studio.

When you posted this, I went on WJZ.com and looked at the videos and TO ME things seem to be “normal” shots for me, unless I’m not looking in the right videos

77C50AEE-835C-4D67-8118-E4967E6873DE.thumb.jpeg.345e2e8524b768638d6d8758d70f4e7e.jpeg WJZ needs to run a disclaimer that if viewers would like to read the graphics on their newscasts, they should sit at an extreme left or right angle of their monitor so the letters don’t look so squished.

That font is the equivalent of a 1985 Yugo hatchback.

I shudder to think of that L3 with a super-stretched-out rendering of Gotham.

Except that the Yugo was far more practical and efficient.

...then one day (in 1999) NATO bombed the poor little Yugo plant...all by accident of course.

"Baby formula my ass."

The best part with It's Academic on JZ is that their show has the fonts (non-)stretched to the correct size.

Well I'll be damn! WJZ has finally moved into the 21st century just to be petty. I think after the set debut we all should go on twitter and tweet at K.C. and tell him it took 20 years for this. Who would of thunk it? :):(:D:smash:. Also will the newsroom also get a much needed makeover for good ole WJZ 13?

I hope the folks at WBFF & WMAR send flowers to WJZ, and the folks at WBAL could go right next door and bring cake & ice cream saying

" From your #1 news friends right next door congrats, on being #2 Cheers!"

...then one day (in 1999) NATO bombed the poor little Yugo plant...all by accident of course.

"Baby formula my ass."

That bombing happened in 1999... and WJZ's "13" logo was altered and thickened in 1999...

tenor.gif tenor.gif

Well I'll be damn! WJZ has finally moved into the 21st century just to be petty. I think after the set debut we all should go on twitter and tweet at K.C. and tell him it took 20 years for this. Who would of thunk it?"

Is it confirmed they’re building a new set?

Archived