WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This arrangement just looks really, really weird. Even more weird than it should be.

After all, the bug has to be flipped over to the other side if the L3s are going to change...

&temp_hash=cad867afa0e904db9dc51536925c89c4

The bad news: there are still CBS eyes on Broadcast Hill in dire need of reconstructive surgery.

1.png.7158418ab044dd8f708e4feefa11c27d.png

2.png.e9ea9fc879f3145692b87b4d18d52d14.png

This arrangement just looks really, really weird. Even more weird than it should be.

After all, the bug has to be flipped over to the other side if the L3s are going to change...

Not necessarily. There was a regular segment on last year that came from WCBS with I think the CBS News Health reporter that had lower thirds burnt in. The lower thirds were flipped so they could maintain the bug on the left hand side.

They just updated the Weather and App picture on their website.

1) Changing logo on weather/app AD's. Checked

2) Changing the logo on the news drop down section of their website from the new-ugly eye logo to the new-corrected eye logo. Not Checked

2003823760_Screenshot(105).thumb.png.aa9f3d9a79c8753ff6e64ac323d09b0b.png

Looks like they shortened their helicopter name from “Sky Eye Chopper 13” to “Chopper 13” based on a Facebook live video.

Things are slowly changing.

SkyEye Chopper 13 has lost its eye. It’s now just Chopper 13.

Looks like they’re using some new transitional elements with dramatic music. You can see and listen to it http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/mayor-pugh-replaces-police-commissioner/'>here.

A9378BA3-41B5-4FC6-8C39-A8D86E0BDF07.thumb.png.3d5aafc3aade3be7170fd019ed452b75.png

Also for breaking news they have a style with the similar music with Your (then flips through Breaking News, Enviroment, Health, Neighborhood, Weather, Sports - I’m sure I’m missing some before ending up on) Breaking News (in a different font) Connection (back to the previous font).

And Chopper 13 is back in SD for the past few days.

Looks like they’re using some new transitional elements with dramatic music. You can see and listen to it http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/01/19/mayor-pugh-replaces-police-commissioner/'>here.

[ATTACH=full]5255[/ATTACH]

Also for breaking news they have a style with the similar music with Your (then flips through Breaking News, Enviroment, Health, Neighborhood, Weather, Sports - I’m sure I’m missing some before ending up on) Breaking News (in a different font) Connection (back to the previous font).

And Chopper 13 is back in SD for the past few days.

At last, they finally ditch the old WJZ 13 Investigates intro w/ Chroma Cues. This was posted a few days ago from WJZ. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/bcps-cold-schools-investigation/

1063719472_Screenshot(123).thumb.png.209cc8c740fa0c2221fe1f1ed0eeb42e.png

[QUOTE="Myron Falwell, post: 200597, member: 2210"]Do they still use “WJZ 13” in any current station branding? Or has“WJZ” become the primary brand?[/QUOTE] As far as I know and remember they never branded as WJZ 13. I want to say on most graphics (there’s been so many changes I can’t remember) like full screens it was more the CBS Eye and 13 or just WJZ. Reporters tagout never included WJZ 13 - before it was “WJZ Eyewitness News” and now it’s just “WJZ News”. The only current mention on air of channel number was “Chopper 13”. [B]Edit[/B]: I realized after @Georgie56 posted this a simple no should have sufficed: [quote name='Georgie56']It's the latter.[/Quote]

[quote name='rkolsen']As far as I know and remember they never branded as WJZ 13. I want to say on most graphics (there’s been so many changes I can’t remember) like full screens it was more the CBS Eye and 13 or just WJZ. Reporters tagout never included WJZ 13 - before it was “WJZ Eyewitness News” and now it’s just “WJZ News”. The only current mention on air of channel number was “Chopper 13”. [B]Edit[/B]: I realized after @Georgie56 posted this a simple no should have sufficed:[/QUOTE] [quote name='Georgie56']It's the latter.[/QUOTE] Gotcha. I really hadn’t seen “WJZ 13” used as a visible brand that much post-CBS switch, the “Investigators” tag and the “WJZ 13 @ Your Desk” videos notwithstanding.

Looks like there maybe a new tag line for WJZ “Expect More”. Saw it on one of those five second billboards in a commercial break “BOPA (Baltimore office of Promotion & the Arts), Light City and WJZ. Expect More.” The ad features the horizontal logo the CBS Eye 13 and the WJZ Blocks with the Light City logo underneath.

I know KCBS uses or has used the expect more tagline.

Archived