WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the words of Hawkeye Pierce: "OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY, THIS IS SO EXCITING I COULD PLOTZ!!!"

The 11pm team could do what they did in 1998 and wander onto the new set the night before it was to have actually been unveiled.

Just finished the 3-hour marathon of their last 4,5, and 6 shows in the temporary set. No mention of the new digs there, so it's on the 11pm crew to give us at least a true preview. Kinda surprised they didn't do a look back/forward considering that it's the last time we see Denise until tomorrow's big debut.

Almost three years later, has any other station built a set similar in design to the one KDKA currently has?

I'm not honestly sure, but I swear KDKA better keep their set for quite awhile. I was talking to a good friend of mine who I work with and is a subscriber here, and he says he doesn't see KDKA changing anytime soon. Tbh, I woulda thought they would get the desk that most if not CBS O&Os have

The 11pm team could do what they did in 1998 and wander onto the new set the night before it was to have actually been unveiled.

That's exactly what I said to my friend

I'm not honestly sure, but I swear KDKA better keep their set for quite awhile. I was talking to a good friend of mine who I work with and is a subscriber here, and he says he doesn't see KDKA changing anytime soon. Tbh, I woulda thought they would get the desk that most if not CBS O&Os have

I sure hope KDKA does not get the standardized O&O set, at least not anytime soon. Not saying the O&O set is bad, but the one KD has now is much better. Good to hear that they won't be changing anything right now.

I sure hope KDKA does not get the standardized O&O set, at least not anytime soon. Not saying the O&O set is bad, but the one KD has now is much better. Good to hear that they won't be changing anything right now.

By the time they get a new set. A new generation of technology and “standardized” sets would be crafted. No need to worry.

By the time they get a new set. A new generation of technology and “standardized” sets would be crafted. No need to worry.

Yeah that's what I figured. The one they had before this newer one lasted a little over 7 years, so this one should last about as long, if not longer, than the one they had before the current set came in. Now I'm not so worried. :D

I think the screaming Baltimore Raven open tops the Oriole:

God I forgot about that. Also they now have a Ravens show at 11:15 Saturday nights until Blue Bloods at 11:35.

Also, it seems like Mark Viviano isn’t often live at 11pm. Maybe it’s because of the set but it’s typically been a quick report on the Ravens or Orioles and the anchor does the rest of the sports cast.

I am trying to figure out the point of the green room. Most of the guests on Coffee With I seem to recall are promotional satellite tours. Maybe for the anchors or reporters waiting to go on air and could be used for bumpshots.

I think the screaming Baltimore Raven open tops the Oriole:

It's the same raven's caw that I hear on radio station WIYY as part of their ID and also commercial break returns during Ravens games.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note, did anyone watch the 11pm airing for any on-air stories about the new set? Fell asleep and missed the original airing and I don't think WJZ has full replays of their newscasts online. However, I went through the site and saw this video. Is this part of the new set or just a green screen backdrop?

Archived