WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

I asked one of their anchors on instagram how long they will be on the temporary set. No word yet.

For all we know this is a temp set as they are shot blocking. The weather center has disappeared and the camera shading seems to be different.

Edit: They don’t have the typical camera movements and so far no over the shoulder elements. N the 11PM show started it was off axis. Like the had it setup so they could easily zoom in on one of the anchors. None appear to be centered.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked one of their anchors on instagram how long they will be on the temporary set. No word yet.

For all we know this is a temp set as they are shot blocking. The weather center has disappeared and the camera shading seems to be different.

Edit: They don’t have the typical camera movements and so far no over the shoulder elements. N the 11PM show started it was off axis. Like the had it setup so they could easily zoom in on one of the anchors. None appear to be centered.

Those poor people, God bless them.

Some talent promos/station are in the wild now. I wish I could grab them but it’s placed between different shows and a second or two would get cut off a five second station ID.

This one was for Mark Viviano and WJZ Sports. It’s the typical talent shot but the background was blue with the lower left corner of the CBS Eye in the upper left corner and part of the bottom left eye in the botttom right.

The same for Mary Bubala and Vic Carter for the 4pm and the eye position changed between the two.

Some talent promos/station are in the wild now. I wish I could grab them but it’s placed between different shows and a second or two would get cut off a five second station ID.

This one was for Mark Viviano and WJZ Sports. It’s the typical talent shot but the background was blue with the lower left corner of the CBS Eye in the upper left corner and part of the bottom left eye in the botttom right.

The same for Mary Bubala and Vic Carter for the 4pm and the eye position changed between the two.

Wait for the :19 sec Mark. Is the Talent ID’s like this?

It’s closer to the one for SWAT with Shemar Moore but the eyes were blue.

Ah I see. Since talent ID’s are no longer incorporated in newscasts, KTVU first started doing those 5 sec talent ID’s and KPIX followed.

They recently updated all the Talent ID’s with new clip arts of SF Landmarks along with the updated cut that they use for their PM closes and bumpers.

I’ve still yet to see which station in the CBS Group is using the updated close besides KPIX

Wait for the :19 sec Mark. Is the Talent ID’s like this?

BTW, KOVR used to have that same cut of the Enforcer Package before E/I shows however in 2013 they changed it to the 2013 Version of the enforcer. im sure WJZ already has a version where the logo is updated. because last time i've heard they were using the old logo during full use of Chroma Cues.

It’s closer to the one for SWAT with Shemar Moore but the eyes were blue.

that package is only available with black or gold eyes...

so if you saw one where they were blue... that's just WJZ screwing around with stuff they don't need to screw with... again...

this station is a poster child for why hubs exist...

that package is only available with black or gold eyes...

so if you saw one where they were blue... that's just WJZ screwing around with stuff they don't need to screw with... again...

this station is a poster child for why hubs exist...

Did affiliates receive files for said package? If anything it matches the CBS O&O graphics package but at the same time gold would match their 13.

Also during sports - particularly NFL related items - Mark Viviano stands as he normally does at the chroma key but with a graphic of the gridiron moving around way too fast. Now its just a repeated pattern of the WJZ Logo with the Ravens logo next to it. Almost like they are insinuating they are the Raven's broadcast partner - something WBAL-TV/AM and WIYY- FM have tied up until 2022 I believe. I imagine they were going for the post game press conference vibe with all the sponsors behind the coach and players.

Did affiliates receive files for said package? If anything it matches the CBS O&O graphics package but at the same time gold would match their 13.

Also during sports - particularly NFL related items - Mark Viviano stands as he normally does at the chroma key but with a graphic of the gridiron moving around way too fast. Now its just a repeated pattern of the WJZ Logo with the Ravens logo next to it. Almost like they are insinuating they are the Raven's broadcast partner - something WBAL-TV/AM and WIYY- FM have tied up until 2022 I believe. I imagine they were going for the post game press conference vibe with all the sponsors behind the coach and players.

Definitely just WJZ creating their own stuff.

I swear, they are never gonna let go of the stretched out Helvitica.

— Matt

It makes me think they're using old outdated equipment and just upconverting everything to 16:9 which would cause the overstretched typefaces.

It makes me think they're using old outdated equipment and just upconverting everything to 16:9 which would cause the overstretched typefaces.

Or maybe even more sinister.................(lots o dots)

They accidentally bought a counterfeit Chinese knockoff graphics machine .

A" Gray Market Harry".

We used to hear stories about those things. Most assumed they were urban legends.

220vac and a 7 page English translated instruction manual that looks more like an Ikea booklet.

Some Israeli guy named Yuesef used to sell those things out of his Hooters Hotel room during NAB.

"You Wanna Buy A Harry Paintbox?" he would ask quietly..

...in his strange creepy accent...

"Hey lady...you want my Harry Paintbox?"

Archived