WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

Is it confirmed they’re building a new set?

I have it on great authority that a set is in the works. It did not come from a WJZ employee but rather another CBS O&O employee who was providing guidance. I do not know if it’s happening now but it likely will be this year. However shots have been tighter and the morning show set is no longer in use. Either they are installing the set piecemeal or moved it to another studio somethings up.

Edit: The studio is pretty large they could be working on a new home base where the morning show is. Then move the current one into the other studio.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have it on great authority that a set is in the works. It did not come from a WJZ employee but rather another CBS O&O employee who was providing guidance. I do not know if it’s happening now but it likely will be this year. However shots have been tighter and the morning show set is no longer in use. Either they are installing the set piecemeal or moved it to another studio somethings up.

Edit: The studio is pretty large they could be working on a new home base where the morning show is. Then move the current one into the other studio.

For all we know, WJZ could be taking a page from its sister KDKA and make the "temp set" permanent. What I mean is that once the morning side is done, everyone will move there until the evening side is setup and done, unless CBS plans on doing only one setup at 'JZ.

For all we know, WJZ could be taking a page from its sister KDKA and make the "temp set" permanent. What I mean is that once the morning side is done, everyone will move there until the evening side is setup and done, unless CBS plans on doing only one setup at 'JZ.

I think WJZ definitely needs a soft interview area to mimic their fake living room for their morning show. Their AM show needs a soft area and a couch is probably best for in studio. They have a demo area that is rarely used or scene except for the rare weekend show.

I've recently moved back to the area after spending many years in Arizona. I'm shocked and appauled at what i'm seeing on my beloved jz. what has hapened to all the great talented people? the music isn't what it use to be.

Take a look at this from Jessica Kartalijia's instagram story this afternoon at 5. I'm fairly certain this is a temp set because in the usual studio the weather center is right next to the anchor desk, not the green screen. As you can see in the preview monitor at the weather wall, it looks likes Jess is at the anchor desk when she took this. Nothing certain, but very interesting. Change is a brewin!

jessk.jpg.3be41002feb82116be5ebc22da289dd4.jpg

Take a look at this from Jessica Kartalijia's instagram story this afternoon at 5. I'm fairly certain this is a temp set because in the usual studio the weather center is right next to the anchor desk, not the green screen. As you can see in the preview monitor at the weather wall, it looks likes Jess is at the anchor desk when she took this. Nothing certain, but very interesting. Change is a brewin!

It could be a behind the scenes picture. WJZ does have their anchors do chroma key very often.

She liked a comment of mine about moving sets, getting a new one and shots being tighter.

WJZ has been airing quick five second station ID's counting down to spring using puppies, kittens, rabbits as stock footage. But today they rolled out this one and I liked how they said it like it is.

WJZ has been airing quick five second station ID's counting down to spring using puppies, kittens, rabbits as stock footage. But today they rolled out this one and I liked how they said it like it is.

I like... It has a "CCO/ 'BZ vibe to it...

Somebody should make an [adult swim] version of that promo.

[MEDIA=soundcloud]id=louisedowdofficial%2Flike-fireflies;track_id=338489421[/MEDIA]

Very interesting. Also have sent the information on to Mr. NMSA

It’s not bad. I listened to 45 seconds but it sounds like a good song.

[MEDIA=soundcloud]id=louisedowdofficial%2Flike-fireflies;track_id=338489421[/MEDIA]

Very interesting. Also have sent the information on to Mr. NMSA

It's a promo. Not really sure it's worth sending along to NMSA. No different than using a track with vocals from Firstcom or Killer Tracks in a spot.

It's a promo. Not really sure it's worth sending along to NMSA. No different than using a track with vocals from Firstcom or Killer Tracks in a spot.

No but it sounds like a significant portion of the song is used in their newscasts.

Edit 2: The song is used in their opening:

Edit: WJZ has a spot out with dogs in snow, a child bundled up in a jacket with the text “You call this spring?” Cut to a slide with a stylized sun on one side and snow flakes on the other with the text “The

spring snow show. #WJZSpringSnowDay”. The hashtags a bit long but they don’t have the calls to pull of #SnoWBAL.

I was able to Shazam the music (with the extended part in that ad with no VO). Looks like WJZ's theme is a real song:

It's a perfect match.

That makes me wonder how in the world they found this song, and just who at the station thought it a worthy replacement for Chroma Cues.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was opening day and the first time in years WJZ did not have this Oriole Eye open. I don’t know if it’s because they lost rights to the games, the GM cracking down or some common brand sense.

Well it was opening day and the first time in years WJZ did not have this Oriole Eye open. I don’t know if it’s because they lost rights to the games, the GM cracking down or some common brand sense.

I always thought this one was actually kind of cool. It’s hyper local.

Archived