WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm gonna say this (I should've said it a long time ago): you guys got your wish. All that uniqueness will go out the window soon...

WJZ’s appearance had seriously declined in quality in recent years, to the point where that unique look... looked garish and embarrassing.

Had their art department been competent enough to not revise the 2004-era look over and over again and actually created something semi-decent, then there probably would be a serious case to retain the uniqueness of that look.

WJZ’s appearance had seriously declined in quality in recent years, to the point where that unique look... looked garish and embarrassing.

Had their art department been competent enough to not revise the 2004-era look over and over again and actually created something semi-decent, then there probably would be a serious case to retain the uniqueness of that look.

You try looking all hot and sexy when you reach 70 years old.

That poor little 13 couldn't even find a sugar daddy to pay for a facelift.

You try looking all hot and sexy when you reach 70 years old.

That poor little 13 couldn't even find a sugar daddy to pay for a facelift.

That definitely explains the stretched-out Helvetica... at 70 years old, you lose the ability to see properly.

I know this is alittle off topic but, do u think they’ve lost viewership through the years and do you think it will bring viewers back or not?

Don't think I'd fully attribute their ratings slip to their graphics. WBAL just has a better product and is easier to look at IMO.

Saw this for the first time on a traffic map. Is this something that came with the software or is it a style made up by WJZ? I think the fonts Helvetica but if they designed it it looks good.

966F8811-947A-43C8-81AF-2F3ED4137740.thumb.jpeg.a24ffeef2a9760a555f0bdc7a7dba696.jpeg

Saw this for the first time on a traffic map. Is this something that came with the software or is it a style made up by WJZ? I think the fonts Helvetica but if they designed it it looks good.

[ATTACH=full]5210[/ATTACH]

Wow I like it! It actually looks Sinclairish.

[ATTACH=full]5210[/ATTACH]

Oh god, a mixture of wide Helvetica and Din.

At least it's standard wide Helvetica and not the extra-stretched and almost unreadable Helvetica that WJZ has been known for.

It’s gotten to the point that we can’t recognize regular extended Helvetica anymore, JZ’s destroyed it so much.

Archived