WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because there is only one JZ. This just aired before the 11pm news.

[ATTACH=full]5059[/ATTACH]

That graphic gave me a stroke. I literally flinched and half my body went numb looking at that terrible graphic output.

Traced 3 but correct CBS eye.

I don't get this station. Design-wise, it needs to be blown up and rethought from scratch, preferably by people that haven't lived in Baltimore.

They need to call up the local Minnesota station, or even WDJT.... WBZ will work if they can't reach those stations.

This could very well be a sign that the Powers That Be have been lurking here (yet again) and finally got someone to correct it.

1995 called. They want those time and temp bugs back.

On Vimeo you see stations posting confirmation of that they aired sponsored time/temp bugs. KNTV comes to mind but others do it. I think WJZ the only one in Baltimore to do time/temp but WBAL does sunset time.

That logo render, to me, looks like it was done in New York, where the standardized graphics come from. (CBS isn’t hubbed per se like NBC, right?) It looks... slicker I think?... than the other variant in use. The rest of the time/temp graphic is barfy though.

This look is going to be halfassed in some way. Either they use the standard look but do whatever the hell they want to do in the promos, or they customize it in some horriffic way.

That logo render, to me, looks like it was done in New York, where the standardized graphics come from. (CBS isn’t hubbed per se like NBC, right?) It looks... slicker I think?... than the other variant in use. The rest of the time/temp graphic is barfy though.

This look is going to be halfassed in some way. Either they use the standard look but do whatever the hell they want to do in the promos, or they customize it in some horriffic way.

It had the logo animation just like the other CBS stations where the eye and number come in, in a glare and star.

That logo render, to me, looks like it was done in New York, where the standardized graphics come from.

possibly. no doubt wcbs would be willing to help out the aesthetically-challenged wjz art department, but for most of the o&o stations, they just got the wcbs graphic files dumped into their lap, with some varying amount of oversight from NY... people say "cbs mandate" on here like there are written rules... which is not really accurate... wcbs designed the look and just sent it out... nobody was forced to change their logo to be gold... they just decided to on their own...

with all the hubbing cbs has done in the past year (traffic got hubbed, and now master control is up) there are rumors going around that graphics is next... but for now... the local art departments handle 99% of the work.

That's Baron LYNX. I have the same terrain, etc. at my station. (I use a Silver terrain though.) That is one of the daily explainer graphics that Baron sends down every day. I attached the Interface, as well as the original graphic.

Thanks for the explainer. I wasn’t sure. For a while after they switched to Baron Lynx some AccuWeather maps were still imported and on their website. What’s a bit odd is that under their weather section they have a bunch of WeatherUnderground maps. But I realize the WU stuff is probably from corporate and in conjunction with their TWC/WSI weather apps.

Also I thought WJZ completely killed off their radar when they upgraded to LYNX as they haven’t showed the old radar style on air since it’s debut. However loops look like they are still being exported to the website. Maybe their radar graphic in LYNX incorporates it with the NWS/TDWR ones.

You can't tell me that implementing the current O&O graphics package, with a redo of the logo to that blue-and-white color scheme and the correct Westinghouse "13," wouldn't work.

True-- IMO, the "13" as it looked when WJZ was ABC in Baltimore looked a smoke of a lot better then than it does now with 'JZ being CBS.

Archived