WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've emailed WJZ earlier regarding new graphics, and I can confirm that new graphics are indeed coming.

I just replied back asking if it will be the O&O ones, and I'll let y'all know once I get an answer.

[if this post is just now showing up, It has most likely been more than several hours since I've posted this, since I'm still on moderated status]

How many studios does ‘JZ have in their building? Is there enough space to be building a new set without being noticeable?

As far as I know two. The second used usually two Saturdays a month for Its Academic and those talk with expert segments where there’s a sponsored phone bank.

Looking at the upcoming taping schedule for Its Academic theres a 57 day time frame from February 24 - April 21 when Its Academic is taping. I assume they could build a studio and rehearse in that time frame but then they’d need time to tear down the old one.

I think there maybe work that would need to be done as I’m not sure of the state of the studio. When they tape It’s Academic they usually use what appear to be ENG or Prosumer cameras with SDI outputs.

So now that the cat is pretty much out of the bag (because they’re using the new logo on their Facebook page), do you all think they will start using it on air? I sure hope that they are fixing up the CBS eye.

I’m sure this new GM is doing what she can to make things work... I’m sure eventually we will see the talent on some kind of temp set in the near future. I just hope they tear the remains of the old set and start fresh. Btw, how long has that set been up for? I’m sure they could use the newsroom if they had to? Idk.

How many studios does ‘JZ have in their building? Is there enough space to be building a new set without being noticeable?

WJZ has 2 studios. In 1998 when the current set was being built out they did the newscasts from the news room.

Archived