WJZ Drops Eyewitness News, Slowly Rebrands, New Logo Roll Out and New Set

rkolsen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to upload today about this: If you look very closely to the right of the logo, it looks like the current gen lower third fades in-cancels out. It looks like they quickly got rid of it. So we know that they already have the package, they're probably just tweaking it to their liking. Probably around the Grammy Awards...

Screenshot-12282017.thumb.png.c645ee12c5e2d9c643925a4aeade3953.png

Not really a big deal but for the first time in my memory the station is giving out jackets and other stuff to wear in the field. All emblazened with that new logo. The gear is from Under Armour - curious if it’s a sponsorship deal or something they purchased.

[quote name='Darius22']At one point they still have the ID using the soon to be old logo before E/I Shows on Saturday mornings. they might even change that.[/QUOTE] Haha. A week ago the promos ran the mixed logos. Now it’s exclusively the new ones on air during promotional spots. All that remains is news and the TOTH IDs. I’m thinking the logo will launch during their New Years Eve show (especially with the branded gear that will have the logo on it). Since @CaptainNews and his eagle eye showed us that the chyrons are in the system and I assumed that they were likely coded into the automation templates before someone took it off air. That makes it sound pretty imminent probably within a week or two (possibly NYE given half the staff will be there producing the show). I The thing I don’t understand is why they went through the effort of building their own ticker in their own style when it will be replaced so soon. Unless they are modifying the standardized graphics. Also someone went through the effort to “spruce up” the graphics for Ravens games: [attachment=3347:name]

Haha.

A week ago the promos ran the mixed logos....

The thing I don’t understand is why they went through the effort of building their own ticker in their own style when it will be replaced so soon. Unless they are modifying the standardized graphics.

[ATTACH=full]4967[/ATTACH]

WJZ has always had "identity issues"....

Case in point...

wjz7.jpg.2a57ba6f12aecd2d42bb6002ff6ad70c.jpg

Oh no, we're going to be stuck with that awful letters-in-blocks logo with baby's first photoshop gradient applied, aren't we?

Yep, that’s why I made the jacket comment as someone said this is a likely transitional logo (or something of the sort). If they’re putting it on stuff that cannot easily be changed it must he permanent.

Yep, that’s why I made the jacket comment as someone said this is a likely transitional logo (or something of the sort). If they’re putting it on stuff that cannot easily be changed it must he permanent.

Just call the station next week and ask them to decide on a logo...

say this..

"I'm getting a WJZ tattoo... and I need YOU to decide on a logo so I don't make a mistake that I may regert".

tattoo.mp4.Still003.jpg.4d8b0f11e907fc76004d116dabd4c911.jpg

Put them on the spot.

Some new promos:

[MEDIA=imgur]a/VrxZA[/MEDIA]

Goddam that CBS eye still looks like crap.

Even CBS’s low-power affiliates in Fairbanks, Alaska and St. Croix, VI rendered the eye better than this.

I wish I was kidding.

thumbnail_16-9-default-13.jpg

1200px-TV2_USVI.svg.png

Forgot to upload today about this: If you look very closely to the right of the logo, it looks like the current gen lower third fades in-cancels out. It looks like they quickly got rid of it. So we know that they already have the package, they're probably just tweaking it to their liking. Probably around the Grammy Awards...

I just watched this clip on YouTube and the yellow bar was not there?

Not really a big deal but for the first time in my memory the station is giving out jackets and other stuff to wear in the field. All emblazened with that new logo. The gear is from Under Armour - curious if it’s a sponsorship deal or something they purchased.

Well, I am pretty sure, it is partially due to Maryland's ties to Under Armour.

Well, I am pretty sure, it is partially due to Maryland's ties to Under Armour.

Yes, I only mentioned a sponsorship because one of their anchors something on Instagram to the effect of “our new Under Armour coats.”

Im so KOVR the eye, it’s fine I mean come on we have more stuff to worry about than a logo, do we not see the weather map and absolute garbage studio? I rather keep the graphics than the studio.

Can you imagine how the current graphics would look on those huge monitor walls?

Yes, I only mentioned a sponsorship because one of their anchors something on Instagram to the effect of “our new Under Armour coats.”

Can you imagine how the current graphics would look on those huge monitor walls?

I think it would look nice actually. The current set is dull and dim, that’s the only problem.

Archived