Michele Marsh dead at age 63

Roadgeek Adam

Jim Rosenfield, who is now in Philadelphia (WCAU/ NBC 10), posted this on his Instagram, a throwback from when they were both at WNBC in the early 2000s. My condolences to her family in this difficult time.

"[MEDIA=instagram]BaaktiYD8fJ[/MEDIA]"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to John Johnson Dana Tyler and Michele Marsh did not get along. He told me once that Dana used an unprofessional tacit. Made it seem like Dana tried to have Michele pushed out.

Doesn't mean that she can't be sad. I've had people who I didn't like die and I still feel sad for them and their friends/family.

Might I add that Michele replaced Dana a little over a year after her promotion so I'd be pretty upset too if I were her. It's the tv news industry, it's a cutthroat business period.

I'm sure Dana feels remorse about how she treated Michele back in the day. I do remember when Dana celebrated I think 20 or 25 years at the station she thanked Michele, Carol and Jim Jensen which was a classy move.

I grew up watching a lot of news back in the day. I like Dana and I know she's been there 27 years now vs Michele's 17 years but to me Michele will always be the biggest female anchor on channel 2. I always hoped she would come back or resurface somewhere because she was one of the all-time greats. When I think of channel 4, I think of Sue Simmons. When I think of channel 7, I think of Roz Abrams. And when I think of channel 2, I still think of Michele Marsh even though she's been gone 21 years. To me, Michele was the equivalent of Sue and Roz in terms of name value and legendary status. She worked with every male anchor and worked well with each one, whether it was Rolland Smith, Jim Jensen, Mike Schneider, Tony Guida, Ernie Anastos, etc. I've never heard a bad word spoken about her and often wondered if everyone still kept in touch through the years.

Either way, she will be greatly missed and will forever be a legend in this business.

Doesn't mean that she can't be sad. I've had people who I didn't like die and I still feel sad for them and their friends/family.

Might I add that Michele replaced Dana a little over a year after her promotion so I'd be pretty upset too if I were her. It's the tv news industry, it's a cutthroat business period.

I thought Dana replaced Michele, not the other way around.

I let out a gasp when I heard that she passed. She one of the very first news anchors I remember and grew up with as a kid in the 80's. She was one of the many cornerstones on Channel 2 and when I think back to it, there isn't one person she anchored with that she didn't have chemistry with and that's a rare feat. Even on Channel 4, she was excellent with Chuck Scarborough. We lost a real and true gem and she will surely be missed. My prayers and condolences go out to Michele's family and friends.

Why was Michelle Fired?

WCBS was doing very poorly in the ratings. Michele Marsh, John Johnson, Reggie Harris, Rosanne Colletti and 3 others were let go. This was known as Bloody Wednesday. This story made big headline the next day. Bill Carey was the news director at the time. He's the same one who destroyed WPIX and breaking up the team of Kaity Tong and Jim Watkins.

WCBS was doing very poorly in the ratings. Michele Marsh, John Johnson, Reggie Harris, Rosanne Colletti and 3 others were let go. This was known as Bloody Wednesday. This story made big headline the next day. Bill Carey was the news director at the time. He's the same one who destroyed WPIX and breaking up the team of Kaity Tong and Jim Watkins.

It was known as "Bloody Wednesday"

Magee Hickey was brought back years later after Bill Carey was gone and Reggie Harris went to WWOR in 1997 and died in 2000. He was only 46.QUOTE="nynewslover, post: 192986, member: 1506"]So I have a question.. if Magee Hickey and Reggie Harris were fired during that.. when were they brought back? I know Magee was there up until a few years ago when she went to PIX.. And isn't Reggie Harris in the helicopter now?

Here is a full broadcast from The last day of 1985, New Years Eve. 32 years ago when Michelle Marsh was at her prime. She anchors with today’s NBC leader, Lester Holt. Clearly a prerequisite platform that he needed to be on to be where he is today. Incredible stuff!

Truly a class act. She will be missed.

Archived