Cubs Playoff Coverage

slim4155

Cubs just won the division and every station is live... Except for CBS2. They are only running a crawl right now over Colbert. How do they expect to be taken as a serious news organization if they're not even covering breaking news.

Cubs just won the division and every station is live... Except for CBS2. They are only running a crawl right now over Colbert. How do they expect to be taken as a serious news organization if they're not even covering breaking news.

They already won their division. They just won the ALDS, which is different.

They already won their division. They just won the ALDS, which is different.

Actually it was the NLDS :)...

Either way, probably not a terrible idea to stay with Colbert in a traditionally liberal market with the ratings he's gotten since Donald Trump took office. Plus, they had to stay later than usual as it was due to TNF.

It doesn't really matter which playoff it was, this city is a major sports one. Even wfld has live coverage, when you're in the number three market and there's major breaking story, which this is, they should be on the air, Imo.

Your honestly saying that like WFLD is still bad call me crazy but I think this is how the rankings should go

1.WLS

2.WMAQ

They have strongest anchor teams reporters and they have been established longer

3.WFLD Honestly could be number 2 Dawn and Corey are great. You can watch GDC without feeling suicidal after and the 5pm is a change of pace I like it. As well as they have argubely the best set in the market next to WLS. I honestly can't find anything to complain about anymore. I think they can beat WBBM if they start a 10pm newscast.

4.WGN It's just too much and overkill with everything they do. The content is also starting to become repetitive they can keep the 10 but a hour at 6 after you do the 4 and the 5 it's too much shooting this robbery that Christ there talking about the same stories it's getting old

5.WBBM I'm not taking any political sides but this station is WAYYYY TO BIASED and it's starting to show every time I watch. AT LEAST ALL THE OTHER STATIONS TRY TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED. WFLD IS THE FAIREST ONE but anyway a lack of a political team as well and poor breaking news coverage I don't even know what to say about them anymore. Five years ago I saw them as a respected news organization now their becoming more of a joke every time I watch.

The way I see it, now that Cubs have won the World Series, winning the NLDS isn't as important anymore. I guess since it was a tense 5-game series, it does merit a breaking news report, but not so much as if they win the NLCS or World Series. I don't blame WBBM for sitting this one out.

The way I see it, now that Cubs have won the World Series, winning the NLDS isn't as important anymore. I guess since it was a tense 5-game series, it does merit a breaking news report, but not so much as if they win the NLCS or World Series. I don't blame WBBM for sitting this one out.

I’m glad that the Cubs won, but I wasn’t even that excited when they beat the Nationals in the NLDS. Now this year’s NLCS would just be a rematch, since the Dodgers won against the D-backs. The only thing is that it wouldn’t be as exciting as last year, considering the Cubs haven’t won a pennant in over 70 years before 2016.

When you have a history of providing weak news/weather/sports coverage in general, you can't be picky. They didn't have to go all out, but a quick 5 minutes of something would have been ideal.

It was the...

National

League

Division

Series.

True, but you have to factor in that they're the defending champs, it was a must-win game and there's not really much for us to root for these days.

- a White Sox fan

When you have a history of providing weak news/weather/sports coverage in general, you can't be picky. They didn't have to go all out, but a quick 5 minutes of something would have been ideal.

True, but you have to factor in that they're the defending champs, it was a most-win game and there's not really much for us to root for these days.

- a White Sox fan

Exactly my point.

Once again I must bring up that no coverage can be a strategy.

Not everyone in Chicago cares about the Cubs. Maybe those people just want to watch a late-night show. WBBM not cutting in gives them one to watch.

Same can be said about the White Sox in that city (or any professional team for that matter).

Archived