KABC/WABC Spoof EWN Comedy News Reel 1973

Eat News

it was recorded off KABC air.

It's a spoof of EWN, and from the looks it was pretty cheap to produce. Looks like it was shot on the EWN NYC studios. Most the players were east coasters at the time except for maybe Bob and Ray.

This is just beyond classic...Just released...lost for years and years.

It's not real clear if this was some kind of special or pilot.

from the Rick Thomas Collection.

Enjoy!

it was recorded off KABC air.

It's a spoof of EWN, and from the looks it was pretty cheap to produce. Looks like it was shot on the EWN NYC studios. Most the players were east coasters at the time except for maybe Bob and Ray.

This is just beyond classic...Just released...lost for years and years.

It's not real clear if this was some kind of special or pilot.

from the Rick Thomas Collection.

Enjoy!

A search through Newspapers.com reveals that Comedy News was a series of 90 minute specials produced by the legendary Pat Weaver and aired as part of ABC's Wide World of Entertainment during it's first season. This is the 3rd edition of Comedy News, the first two aired on December 1, 1972 and January 31, 1973. Two more editions aired on April 25 and July 4, 1973. I'm not sure if there is video of the other 4 specials, but it's very likely the master tapes were erased like so many other TV shows of the 60s and 70s.

A search through Newspapers.com reveals that Comedy News was a series of 90 minute specials produced by the legendary Pat Weaver and aired as part of ABC's Wide World of Entertainment during it's first season. This is the 3rd edition of Comedy News, the first two aired on December 1, 1972 and January 31, 1973. Two more editions aired on April 25 and July 4, 1973. I'm not sure if there is video of the other 4 specials, but it's very likely the master tapes were erased like so many other TV shows of the 60s and 70s.

Wow...

Cool info mining on your part!

I wonder if Rick Thomas is aware of that because he has zero info on the show.

Thanks.

Wow...

Cool info mining on your part!

I wonder if Rick Thomas is aware of that because he has zero info on the show.

Thanks.

I just emailed him the info and asked him to upload the rest of the special if he has it. I glad you appreciate my info. The things I do for you people....

Archived