MI News 26 Founder Starting National News Network

Big Country News

6 hours ago, rkolsen said:

There just goes any credibility the network had with one of their anchors(?) hanging out with that guy. 

Who would be acceptable to be seen "hanging out" with?

Milo probably takes 500 selfies a day, with all types of people.

Would you approve if it was Rachael Maddow?

Most tv types who spend all day in the field are gonna have photos and selfies from all kinds of newsworthy folks.

I'm gonna side with Ellen on this one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/10/08/ellen-degeneres-george-bush-times-shes-addressed-critics/3906283002/

...and just "who" determines credibility of a news organization?

Some group of pointy bearded types?

Or does the viewer decide?

Edited by Eat News
WJSN -Gap Crush- Boogie Up..https://youtu.be/rBjMHCM0CCs
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, TVLurker said:

@Eat News no offense but when Milo appears in a selfie with the news anchor for a far-right news diginet, that's generally a bad sign.

A "bad sign" of what?

Edited by Eat News
ITZY -DALLA DALLA) 교차편집(stage mix).. https://youtu.be/7xqwqD0c0Ls

On 10/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, Eat News said:

Who would be acceptable to be seen "hanging out" with?

Milo probably takes 500 selfies a day, with all types of people.

Would you approve if it was Rachael Maddow?

Most tv types who spend all day in the field are gonna have photos and selfies from all kinds of newsworthy folks.

I'm gonna side with Ellen on this one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/10/08/ellen-degeneres-george-bush-times-shes-addressed-critics/3906283002/

...and just "who" determines credibility of a news organization?

Some group of pointy bearded types?

Or does the viewer decide?

In the Instagram post, he called Yiannopoulos his friend. Ultimately, people are judged by the company they keep.

Edited by WWUpdate
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2019 at 9:26 PM, PTVNews said:

So who is the guy in the pic?

Milo Yiannopoulos is kind of a token queer on the right. He used to be with Breitbart until he made made some off-color comments about sex under-age. Then everybody cut him loose. 

With Shepard Smith being your avatar, there's got to be a joke in there somewhere.

12 hours ago, TVLurker said:

@Eat News no offense but when Milo appears in a selfie with the news anchor for a far-right news diginet, that's generally a bad sign.

From what I've seen of their product, it's not really far right. Of course, I can't get the TV station there on anymore because they have such a crappy signal. Milo was kind of like the Richard Simmons of Breitbart. Just enough of a flamer to be entertaining but not so much to turn people off. Kind of like Elton John in a way, without the talent.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Concerned 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Weeters said:

Well, there's a new set in the new studio, and new cameras and a Tricaster too. And actual studio lights. A big improvement.

Now maybe they can focus on improving the content of the programming. 🙄

I wish I could see it again. They are on the LPTV with the second worst signal in Central Ohio.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

They have a live stream tho on their site...and I could watch it on the FitzyTV app

Glad they offer a live stream online.  I wish a station in the CLT market would carry them.  They may be a small network, but I appreciate their efforts.  This network is a breath of fresh air.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they have the look, but judging by that echo (echo echo echo echo echo) they can't afford acoustical treatments in this "state of the art" studio.

Or maybe, they just don't know that there's more to building a TV station than fancy graphics and sets.

🙄

• Like 4

I've seen it OTA here in NY and it's honestly a noble effort - I feel like news is a missed opportunity for subchannels (cough cough CBSN New York). Although it's a bit rough around the edges, I think they do a good job and I'd much rather see them succeed rather suffer through another ultracompressed MeTV clone. 

• Like 4

damn... can't believe they couldn't get the symbols right...

this really looks like some guy wanting to break into the real news business but doesn't understand that real news is not about sets or anchors but about content and reporting.

Newsey > NewsNet.

Okay I actually completely  take back what I said earlier - I just watched some more of the content and the delivery has somehow gotten worse - anchors tripping over words, headlines with no visual cues to differentiate stories (so basically a 2 minute run on sentence), delayed prompters leading to awkward silences, odd camera zooms. The new set seems nice, but why buy nice monitors for a backdrop when you're going to use a super generic design? I imagine hiring a digital backdrop designer like Lightwell Visualisation or something would probably not be prohibitive. 

I don't want to call out any specific anchor since they're clearly doing their best and have clearly not been afforded proper training, but the news org needs to equip their people so they're not actively presenting a trainwreck. I understand that it's fundamentally a headline service and isn't going to have field correspondents or substantial analysis, but at this rate watching a puppet lip-sync 1010 WINS would be more valuable to me. 

I do want to see them succeed and I can think of some ways that they can make their product more valuable while keeping in line with their budget - a model like RTÉ News Now in Ireland, which replays traditional news bulletins alongside raw news feeds, parliamentary sessions, radio show simulcasts etc. is pretty effective. 

The entire channel is "training". The goal right now should be perfecting the format, and newsgathering processes.

It's also about the growth.

Notice the new digs?

Who is paying for that?

My guess is that once this gets to a certain size with OTA footholds, then prospective buyers and investors might  follow.

They don't need to be great yet...they just need to get a little better and better each day.

They might not have a lot of viewers yet...but the viewers they DO have, are paying attention very closely.

If I was CNN, I would be watching my rear view mirror.

Edited by Eat News
TWICE 「Fake & True」 Music Video .. https://youtu.be/zQELp93xxfo
  • Haha 1