MI News 26 Founder Starting National News Network

Big Country News

I'd be damned if this eventually turns out to the the "Trump News Network" that people have feared. I know we got Fox News and ANN but Fox News has doubters in it's staff and ANN is Fox News circa 2008.

Eric Wolita is dangerous imo.

17 hours ago, TVLurker said:

I'd be damned if this eventually turns out to the the "Trump News Network" that people have feared. I know we got Fox News and ANN but Fox News has doubters in it's staff and ANN is Fox News circa 2008.

I think you mean OAN (One America News).

On 5/8/2019 at 7:22 PM, PTVNews said:

How much revenue do you think they are bringing in per year?

I'm dying to know what the operating expenses are and what the payroll is.

Seriously...

You can pretty much assemble the whole operation with computers and broadcast electronics available from Fry's and the Markertek catalog. You really don't need a whole lot of special stuff anymore to become a 24/7 live broadcaster.

They ( The Jr. NewsRangers) only need to subscribe to APTV and Reuters TV for video feeds and all the rest is just  pushing data from one platform to another.

Nobody cares anymore about video quality...so compress all you want...and watch the pixies fly!

I will watch it, if it comes to Surfridge...we get all kinds of fun OTA stuff here including one channel that has a gajillion Vietnamese sub-channels...and another of just re-runs of "CHIPS".

News "start-ups" a a blast to watch...I hope those kids are having fun.

Edited by Eat News
CNN's First Day On The Air .. https://youtu.be/dqDopY5dMD8

31 minutes ago, Eat News said:

I'm dying to know what the operating expenses are and what the payroll is.

Seriously...

You can pretty much assemble the whole operation with computers and broadcast electronics available from Fry's and the Markertek catalog. You really don't need a whole lot of special stuff anymore to become a 24/7 live broadcaster.

They ( The Jr. NewsRangers) only need to subscribe to APTV and Reuters TV for video feeds and all the rest is just  pushing data from one platform to another.

Nobody cares anymore about video quality...so compress all you want...and watch the pixies fly!

I will watch it, if it comes to Surfridge...we get all kinds of fun OTA stuff here including one channel that has a gajillion Vietnamese sub-channels...and another of just re-runs of "CHIPS".

News "start-ups" a a blast to watch...I hope those kids are having fun.

Hey, there's a local LPDTV here in the Phoenix market in which one subchannel is an obscure mix of music videos (legally sourced, I don't know) and another is all car classifieds, all the time -- in Spanish (with weird stock video footage in between cars). They are trying to lease out one or two of their channels, but no takers yet.

9 minutes ago, DENDude said:

Did anyone see this on their website?  http://yournewsnet.com/newsnet-breaks-ground-on-building-expansion/  

They must be making $ if they can build more space.     I think they might be doing better than we all think they are.

Or they may just have a wealthy funding source, willing to take two or three years of losses.

NewscastStudio posted the plans (and I'm sure they're designing the new set) for the new building:

newsnet-building-floor-plan.jpg

Curious as to what they plan to do with two fairly decently sized studios and three individual control rooms. Where are all the people going to work to produce content for all the broadcasts they're apparently planning on doing? Where's the Sales office?

56 minutes ago, Weeters said:

Where's the Sales office?

Oh silly Weeters,

The sales office is down the street in another building...

image.png.d21e80a8f7d67a98121477b9d251d745.png

Edited by Eat News
Spice Girls-Spice World Live in Budapest 1997 .. https://youtu.be/aeroovVsWNY
  • Haha 3

On 5/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, DENDude said:

Did anyone see this on their website?  http://yournewsnet.com/newsnet-breaks-ground-on-building-expansion/  

They must be making $ if they can build more space.     I think they might be doing better than we all think they are.

If they were, they'd have more full power and Big 4 affiliates.

22 hours ago, Weeters said:

Curious as to what they plan to do with two fairly decently sized studios and three individual control rooms. Where are all the people going to work to produce content for all the broadcasts they're apparently planning on doing? Where's the Sales office?

Yeah, it seems fairly expensive to have a control room for each studio. I could understand 2 control rooms for multiple studios. Do they currently produce multiple live feeds at once?

As for the floor plans, I'm sure they have limitations we don't know about (cost and land space, etc.), but I see a few things I would do differently.

It's odd to have to walk through the lobby to get to and from the studios. There should be a back hallway behind the rack room both for convenience and security reasons. (Not that they would be a huge target, but still.) I'd also have a bathroom/makeup/green room on the production side of the building for convenience. Maybe they could use one of those control room spaces or the 1 office space on that side for that.

Depending on how fast they grow (or not), that rack room may not be big enough.

It looks like they have stairs leading up or down, so maybe that is where other office space will be?

And lastly, if this is a final plan, it looks like there are no loading doors for the studios. Good luck getting equipment and set pieces in there.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Studio C - but who knows what that could be used for (something similar to the news nooks at 30 Rock)?

The reason why I suspect why there might be two control rooms/studios...have they kept their local news operation (MI News 26) up and running?

Also - where's master control?

9 hours ago, Northerner said:

There is a Studio C - but who knows what that could be used for (something similar to the news nooks at 30 Rock)?

The reason why I suspect why there might be two control rooms/studios...have they kept their local news operation (MI News 26) up and running?

Also - where's master control?

Yes. MI News 26 is still up and running and still produces those two newscasts for its sister station WXII-LP 12.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

No offense, but what I've seen from OAN looks kind of cheesy. I can't imagine this is any better. Now that you don't have to pay a subscription for CBSN, I don't see why they don't just turn that into a diginet.

Well, you never had to pay one for CBSN. Always been free.

5 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

I thought it started out as a subscription based service. Or were they just trying to get you to pay for CBS All Access?

CBS All Access is the subscription streaming service. CBSN, since launch in 2014, has always been a free service.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Thank god. What a terrible program. Everything about it is bad.

A sign that the network will soon fold? That would mean bad news to the thousands of NewsNets streaming viewers........ in the Philippines! 😂

Edited by hmaxhanson
  • Haha 3

newsnet will be one of "those" networks... passed around between forgotten stations in a particular market until it folds...

start a budget news network, get budget stations... how many .11's are they on??

the service is probably free for affiliates... newsnet makes their ad revenue off the national life insurance ads...

and then there's this...

so much for unbiased...

(attached for when he deletes it.)

image.png

Edited by Webovision
  • Concerned 2

3 hours ago, Webovision said:

newsnet will be one of "those" networks... passed around between forgotten stations in a particular market until it folds...

start a budget news network, get budget stations... how many .11's are they on??

the service is probably free for affiliates... newsnet makes their ad revenue off the national life insurance ads...

and then there's this...

so much for unbiased...

(attached for when he deletes it.)

image.png

Wasn't this the same kid who had the MAGA hat?