MI News 26 Founder Starting National News Network

Big Country News

20 minutes ago, Jared Kenneth Ferrer said:

The national advertisers normally seen on NewsNet, some of them are normally seen on infomercial blocks, include BulbHead products (such as Fastball, Magic Ear, and Bavarian Edge), Consolidated Credit, Disk Lights, R360 Network, etc.

Hey, I know you! I saw you on a FB group I'm a part of, and you've become obsessed with NewsNet since it was announced! Do you think it will catch on and move up to major stations?

On 1/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, Jared Kenneth Ferrer said:

Since just last week, NewsNet has implemented minor changes to its news wheel:

At :10 past the hour, the commercial break now runs for just 5 minutes.

The weather forecast segment, currently handled by Meteorologist Morris Langworthy on weekdays and forecaster Dylan Rodenbaugh on weekends, is now aired at :15 and :43 past the hour.

The sports segment, which is anchored by former WHAG/WDVM sports anchor Bejoy Joseph, now runs at :20 and :48 past the hour. There are no commercials aired after first half-hour of the sports segment.

However, the news headlines segment and "Around America" remains unchanged.

Just a heads up, this kid is from the Philippines, where all newscasts (I assume) are government regulated. NewsNet is likely this users first exposure EVER to 24-hour US news. 

Edited by hmaxhanson

On 1/27/2019 at 10:48 PM, hmaxhanson said:

Hey, I know you! I saw you on a FB group I'm a part of, and you've become obsessed with NewsNet since it was announced! Do you think it will catch on and move up to major stations?

Just a heads up, this kid is from the Philippines, where all newscasts (I assume) are government regulated. NewsNet is likely this users first exposure EVER to 24-hour US news. 

What a bizarre assumption. If that somehow is the case, on behalf of America, I'm sorry.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

That list at the bottom is the one that's been on their website for months. The line "According to Wotila, NewsNet has signed up 25 affiliates so far since it launched 28 days ago." is questionable since it seems to say "NewsNet added 25 affiliates in 28 days" when it really seems to mean "NewsNet signed on 28 days ago with 25 affiliates." 

And they're still insisting KAAP is in San Francisco.

Quite a lot of fake news coming from the "facts" network.

• Like 8

was curious about this package they aired...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70fApioYlUo

cnn newsource says: Embargo:Houston, TX...

so... do they cut stories from the locals when they're embargo'd there??? KPRC might not be too happy this aired...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Webovision said:

cnn newsource says: Embargo:Houston, TX...

so... do they cut stories from the locals when they're embargo'd there??? KPRC might not be too happy this aired...

The story was probably embargoed because it contained some exclusive or stringer footage that some of the local Houston CNN affiliates didn't get the rights to inside the Houston(DMA) market.

Example: If a local freelancer photographer offers to sell the video to all the local stations...but a few stations decide NOT to purchase the video. Those local stations cannot just decide "poach" the video (off the national newssource feeds) if that video is also offered for sale nationally on Newssource.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Eat News

7 minutes ago, Eat News said:

The story was probably embargoed because it contained some exclusive or stringer footage that some of the local Houston CNN affiliates didn't get the rights to inside the Houston(DMA) market.

Example: If a local freelancer photographer offers to sell the video to all the local stations...but a few stations decide NOT to purchase the video. Those local stations cannot just decide "poach" the video (off the national newssource feeds) if that video is also offered for sale nationally on Newssource.

I hope that makes sense.

I thought pretty much anything a station submits that isn’t a pool is embargoed in the DMA.

1 minute ago, rkolsen said:

I thought pretty much anything a station submits that isn’t a pool is embargoed in the DMA.

Stations will strip the package and do all kinds of weird stuff.  There other reasons to embargo however thats the most common and obvious one. There is really no need to embargo a KPRC reporter package to other stations in the DMA because they would never air it anyway. 

The visual warning is placed to prevent local unauthorized users and from stations taking some elements from the package that they didn't buy.

It's basically saying "You have been warned!"

It's not really too enforceable if some user decides to break the rules.

Denver's independent television station KCDO-TV 3, owned by Newsweb Corporation, announced today (01/31) that they will carry NewsNet on a part-time basis on their main channel 3.1. This will be the news channel's only full-power television affiliate. Source: http://yournewsnet.com/where-to-see-newsnet/

KCDO is on Comcast Cable channel 3 in Denver, though, so depending on how much time they're getting and when, then that's arguably their biggest affiliation agreement. KCDO wasn't added to the Comcast lineup until a few years ago, and it's not a channel that anyone seriously watches, but more people will probably watch it there than on some random subchannel on a rimshot station.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I noticed something today, at least on the sports highlights--a lot of video is coming from Fox Sports, NY1, & Suncoast News Network.   (These are the credits i have seen at least).  So they appear to be sourcing some of their own video. 

10 minutes ago, C Block said:

KCDO is on Comcast Cable channel 3 in Denver, though, so depending on how much time they're getting and when, then that's arguably their biggest affiliation agreement. KCDO wasn't added to the Comcast lineup until a few years ago, and it's not a channel that anyone seriously watches, but more people will probably watch it there than on some random subchannel on a rimshot station.

I think KCDO has a relatively decent size audience, they air re-runs of KMGH's newscasts.  I'm thinking ABC 7 Denver might know more, ask them.

5 hours ago, DENDude said:

I noticed something today, at least on the sports highlights--a lot of video is coming from Fox Sports, NY1, & Suncoast News Network.   (These are the credits i have seen at least).  So they appear to be sourcing some of their own video. 

I think KCDO has a relatively decent size audience, they air re-runs of KMGH's newscasts.  I'm thinking ABC 7 Denver might know more, ask them.

I believe CNN Newsource is the source of much of that video, too.

Services like that are basically the only way stations can get "out of market" sports feeds.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:37 PM, Jared Kenneth Ferrer said:

Denver's independent television station KCDO-TV 3, owned by Newsweb Corporation, announced today (01/31) that they will carry NewsNet on a part-time basis on their main channel 3.1. This will be the news channel's only full-power television affiliate. Source: http://yournewsnet.com/where-to-see-newsnet/

Congrats on your new affiliate and here's to your future growth.

We have a lot of critics here...but they all mean well.

The most important part is that you have a little fun while you live this start-up experience.

Trust me...10 years from now you will look back on the experience and say to yourself

"Those were the good old days."

Eat News...and enjoy!

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bumping this after nearly 3 months to tell you that NewsNet still exists, and, they're getting a New York affiliate! Starting May 1, they'll be on WNWT-LD 51, a channel that I assume isn't carried on ANY area cable system.

PS, I still haven't watched NewsNet yet, but let me tell you, if they want to last more than 1 year, they'll need cable penetration and carriage on subchannels of at least 5 Big 4 stations. Heck, I think Buzzr wouldn't have survived had they not gotten prime carriage on the Fox O&Os.

Edited by hmaxhanson
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 2:03 PM, TVLurker said:

When your main reporter wears a MAGA hat. You know NewsNet is a big sham designed to make money in questionable ways.

Well that main reporter is the one who started this thread. 😂

On 4/28/2019 at 8:15 PM, hmaxhanson said:

Bumping this after nearly 3 months to tell you that NewsNet still exists, and, they're getting a New York affiliate! Starting May 1, they'll be on WNWT-LD 51, a channel that I assume isn't carried on ANY area cable system.

PS, I still haven't watched NewsNet yet, but let me tell you, if they want to last more than 1 year, they'll need cable penetration and carriage on subchannels of at least 5 Big 4 stations. Heck, I think Buzzr wouldn't have survived had they not gotten prime carriage on the Fox O&Os.

amusing... WNWT's antenna just so happens to be on a Trump property... "Trump world tower"...

coincidence i'm sure... 

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:15 PM, hmaxhanson said:

According to RabbitEars, NewsNet has landed a big-four station: Marquee-owned WSWG in Albany, GA (soon).

1 hour ago, TVIntheDesert said:

According to RabbitEars, NewsNet has landed a big-four station: Marquee-owned WSWG in Albany, GA (soon).

Well it's a start, I guess. FYI, NewsNet's closest competitor, CBN News Channel has 4 Big 4 affiliates, all owned by Nexstar, WAVY 10.4, KTAL 6.4, KOLR 10.4, and KAMC 28.4. Do I smell a group affiliation for that network on the horizon?

Edited by hmaxhanson
  • Like 1