The Meredith Thread

Conrad

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is WGCL these days? I know Meredith had some anchor and news director changes at their Atlanta station.

Probably still Atlanta's weakest station, and with their new Surprise Squad, it might be weaker.

How is WGCL these days? I know Meredith had some anchor and news director changes at their Atlanta station.

Breitbart Swann remains as the lead 6/11 anchor. All you need to know about that farce of a station.

Probably still Atlanta's weakest station, and with their new Surprise Squad, it might be weaker.

A Supplies Squad would be more credible.

Still crappy. Oh, and they make those personnel changes more often than they change branding, graphics, and logos, which happens frequently enough.

But they have a duopoly now (WSB can't even say that!), so that's something, I guess.

Still crappy. Oh, and they make those personnel changes more often than they change branding, graphics, and logos, which happens frequently enough.

But they have a duopoly now (WSB can't even say that!), so that's something, I guess.

Considering WXIA's struggles now, even they have a duopoly that WSB doesn't have.

Are there any Meredith stations other than WGCL, WALA, KVVU, and WFSB that have the Surprise Squad? I was just wondering. It might be a group-wide thing, and I thought WGCL was the only station to have it.

Are there any Meredith stations other than WGCL, WALA, KVVU, and WFSB that have the Surprise Squad? I was just wondering. It might be a group-wide thing, and I thought WGCL was the only station to have it.

Have yet to see it with KCTV.

they're adding a 9pm newscast on WPCH

So we get WPCH on cable in Canada (remnants of the old WTBS), and noticed that their CBS 46 News simulcast in the morning is not seen in Canada; replaced by paid programming. The Oct 16 schedule on this side of the border also says "Dateline" will air at 9PM instead of this new newscast.

So we get WPCH on cable in Canada (remnants of the old WTBS), and noticed that their CBS 46 News simulcast in the morning is not seen in Canada; replaced by paid programming. The Oct 16 schedule on this side of the border also says "Dateline" will air at 9PM instead of this new newscast.

Is that even possible? WPCH should be sending their OTA signal straightforward to Canadian telecoms. That's what WTBS had been sending over since the quiet "split" of WTBS and TBS in 1981.

Is that even possible? WPCH should be sending their OTA signal straightforward to Canadian telecoms. That's what WTBS had been sending over since the quiet "split" of WTBS and TBS in 1981.

Maybe the Canadian telecoms remove all the Atlanta area-specific programming and replace it with syndicated programming.

Just found out that KPHO/KTVK has it. It's sponsored by Toyota.

Yup:

One of the suggested videos when I pulled that was the WHNS Surprise Squad, so add them to the list too.

We still don't know about St. Louis yet, though.

UPDATE: I just found out that KMOV has a Surprise Squad.

• 1 month later...

You bumped a thread that is over a month old (though I started it)...since 2013, Meredith was in talks to purchase Time Inc., but now it's happening. Now that Meredith is focusing more on their magazines, they could sell their television stations to Raycom. WALA would benefit Raycom's strong Alabama media presence, as they are based there, and Meredith shares Raycom's content. Many Meredith stations (WGCL, KPHO, KMOV, WSMV, KVVU) are O&O bait as well.

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/meredith-acquires-time-inc.16441/#post-195750

Archived