Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

Retransmission Consent squabbles

49 minutes ago, elfuego35 said:

I wonder if it's an effect of the sell of the duopoly to Nexstar?

Looking up zip codes in Nexstar Markets, and it seems their agreement with YouTube TV  only include their Big 4 affiliates, and not their CW/MyTV affiliates, regardless of duopoly status.

Unless, if you look at Charlotte for example, it carries local news (I know, its CW is owned by Bahakel). So YouTube TV is carrying WCCB Charlotte and if that's the case, then it should also carry KPLR St. Louis, KTLA Los Angeles, KWGN Denver, WNLO Buffalo and WTVW Evansville because they all carry a significant amount of local news (especially KTLA).

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 10:07 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

Unless, if you look at Charlotte for example, it carries local news (I know, its CW is owned by Bahakel). So YouTube TV is carrying WCCB Charlotte and if that's the case, then it should also carry KPLR St. Louis, KTLA Los Angeles, KWGN Denver, WNLO Buffalo and WTVW Evansville because they all carry a significant amount of local news (especially KTLA).

It was dropped because Nexstar does not have an agreement with YTTV to carry their MyNetworkTV affiliates, while Fox did while they were both O&Os.  Bahakel does with the CW, but Nexstar does not.

On the other hand, virtually every market now has access to ABC affiliates since Stephen Marks allowed WBKP in Marquette and WBKB's subchannel in Alpena.  Every other market, including Cheyenne & Casper, WY (despite the presence of KTWO) and all the others that lack an ABC station of their own now have a special ABC network feed as part of their service.

The only other major holes are in Zanesville, OH (with no CBS or FOX feeds) and Glendive, (lacking a FOX feed).   NBC fills in the holes in Alpena and Mankato with WMAQ, and Presque Isle gets WBTS.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Typo

12 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Add Sunbeam to the list of ___ vs Dish this week. It's bound to be ugly.

That link is from last September

9 hours ago, ScottJ said:

That link is from last September

Wow ok yikes. This and the Out & About post gaffe about retransmission conflicts were mine. I apologize for the untimely/misplaced posts.

Posted (edited)

....aaaand Scripps is now gone from Dish.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/251626/scripps-stations-go-dark-to-dish-subs/

Scripps claims that this is their first EVER dispute with a provider, and that they are willing to make a deal.

To put it simply, Dish sucks.  Always has, always will.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 2

This is second time in 4 years that WXMI Fox17 has gone dark on Dish the last time was in 2016 when Fox17 was a Tribune station yup, Dish is the worse when channels go dark. I saw last year when I was looking at Fox17 website that on top that Fox17 could go dark on Dish in Mid-Aug that was only shown for a day thou I didn't see it the next day which I'm guessing that Dish & Tribune signed an extension with them once the merger with Nexstar went final a month later.

• Like 1