Retransmission Consent squabbles

bhratbrat

23 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

And it appears the dispute is now over, as AT&T has reached deals with all of the affected sidecars...some agreements going back a few weeks.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/at-t-reaches-agreement-with-cw-affiliate-in-nashville

Based on these reports, it appears that AT&T does not have any ongoing disputes at this time and all available channels are on the air, just in time for the holidays, and the NFL playoff races.

• 3 weeks later...

AT&T and NPG are in dispute, with stations set to be pulled after 5 PM CST on Monday 12/16. A note on station sites links to a statement on the NPG main site. http://www.npgco.com/SaveMyLocalStation

**UPDATE** - Per a response to a visitor post on KRDO's FB page a tentative agreement has been reached with no carriage interruption.

Edited by Morphtato
Update on negotiations

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Does the carriage dispute between AT&T and Hearst include DirecTV? 

Because I've been checking the guide on DirecTV and KOCO hasn't started running the info channel about that as of yet

DirecTV and U-Verse, and AT&T TV Now (formerly DirecTV Now). Hearst usually is the type that won't ticker-plead until the eleventh hour.

• Thanks 1

WISN had a ticker notice on last night's 5:30 news. Annoyingly, they used the beep alerts that usually signify severe weather. Granted, this isn't severe weather season, but it still grabbed my attention. I sort of think the beeping should be reserved for severe weather, sort of like how the EAS alert tones can't be used for anything else but EAS.

• Like 1
  • Concerned 1

3 hours ago, LoadStar said:

WISN had a ticker notice on last night's 5:30 news. Annoyingly, they used the beep alerts that usually signify severe weather. Granted, this isn't severe weather season, but it still grabbed my attention. I sort of think the beeping should be reserved for severe weather, sort of like how the EAS alert tones can't be used for anything else but EAS.

I'm assuming that they were running something about the carriage dispute on that ticker.  And I agree that the beeping should be reserved for severe weather.

22 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

I'm assuming that they were running something about the carriage dispute on that ticker.  And I agree that the beeping should be reserved for severe weather.

Yes, my apologies at leaving that out. I thought context in the thread (and the thread topic) would have clarified that.

• Like 1

Here's a big one....
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-may-lose-nexstar-locals-wgn-america-more-tomorrow/

Nexstar....we all saw that one coming.   This is a rarity for Comcast, but now that AT&T has decided to misbehave as a mega-conglomerate, now's their chance too!

Looking at Comcast's list on their website, it appears Marquee, Waterman and Paxton (WPSD)  are up in February, and Gray & Graham in March.  This likely allows for plenty of time for negotiation, and Comcast is being forthcoming about these contracts coming up...

Edited by tyrannical bastard

2 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Here's a big one....
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-may-lose-nexstar-locals-wgn-america-more-tomorrow/

Nexstar....we all saw that one coming.   This is a rarity for Comcast, but now that AT&T has decided to misbehave as a mega-conglomerate, now's their chance too!

Looking at Comcast's list on their website, it appears Marquee, Waterman and Paxton (WPSD)  are up in February, and Gray & Graham in March.  This likely allows for plenty of time for negotiation, and Comcast is being forthcoming about these contracts coming up...

Worth mentioning that Comcast isn’t even including WGN America or WE TV on new packages. Probably they knew they were going to go away. 

Went to check the WTIC link to see if there was an update and it redirected to a random Cablevision outage story from September and the WBNS 'story' was blank for good reason; Altice has come to terms with Tegna for Suddenlink/Optimum systems, no blackout.

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Like 1

We do have the first blackout in 2020.

Stations owned by the new Cox Media Group (acquired by Apollo Global Management) are blacked out from Verizon Fios systems.

The stations affected are WFXT Boston, WPXI Pittsburgh (plus cable channel PCNC) and WSYT Syracuse.

Edited by CircleSeven

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

We do have the first blackout in 2020.

Stations owned by the new Cox Media Group (acquired by Apollo Global Management) are blacked out from Verizon Fios systems.

The stations affected are WFXT Boston, WPXI Pittsburgh (plus cable channel PCNC) and WSYT Syracuse.

Coxpollo closed less than two weeks ago. Man, that was fast. I'm to assume the issue is getting the legacy Cox stations onto the generous Northwest-negotiated deals.