Retransmission Consent squabbles

bhratbrat

I thought that Dish & Mission was dark since the fall of 2022 or was that DirecTV which is still dark. I think that has to do with the lawsuit once that gets settled maybe a deal gets done. I'm surprised that Dish didn't take Mission to court like DirecTV is doing.

13 minutes ago, Megatron81 said:

I thought that Dish & Mission was dark since the fall of 2022 or was that DirecTV which is still dark. I think that has to do with the lawsuit once that gets settled maybe a deal gets done. I'm surprised that Dish didn't take Mission to court like DirecTV is doing.

Mission's stations were pulled from Dish in early January 2023, so 54 weeks have passed between the start and resolution of the dispute.

Mission's dispute with DirecTV began three months before the Dish dispute.

• Like 3

First it was Nexstar.

Then is was Tegna.

Now Cox Media is the next station group to potentially have a dispute with DirecTV.

Source: https://www.nexttv.com/news/directv-and-cox-media-look-set-for-another-retrans-standoff-as-station-group-accuses-pay-tv-operator-of-attacking-local-journalism

WFXT was running a ticker during syndicated programming alerting viewers of a potential blackout:

wfxt.jpg

Edited by kdex86

White Knight Broadcasting's 2 stations remain dark on Dish, according to Dish Network. They were pulled the same day as the mission broadcasting stations. Friday January 6, 2023.   It must suck to be White Knight.

5 hours ago, kdex86 said:

First it was Nexstar.

Then is was Tegna.

Now Cox Media is the next station group to potentially have a dispute with DirecTV.

Source: https://www.nexttv.com/news/directv-and-cox-media-look-set-for-another-retrans-standoff-as-station-group-accuses-pay-tv-operator-of-attacking-local-journalism

WFXT was running a ticker during syndicated programming alerting viewers of a potential blackout:

wfxt.jpg

a reminder that Cox has been in dispute with dish since October 2022. Don’t expect a quick settlement 

• Sad 1

All told, a number of satellite viewers are going to be stuck watching the Super Bowl either on OTA or the Nickelodeon broadcast. (Surprised the CBS affiliate body allowed Nick to cut in on their biggest day in 4 years.)

Edited by AmericanErrorist
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AmericanErrorist said:

All told, a number of satellite viewers are either going to be stuck watching the Super Bowl either on OTA or the Nickelodeon broadcast. (Surprised the CBS affiliate body allowed Nick to cut in on their biggest day in 4 years.)

Paramount likely figured the Nick simulcast would add viewership, boosting total ratings for the Super Bowl, rather than cannibalize the CBS viewership, given their different demographics. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/26/2024 at 1:52 PM, kdex86 said:

CMG has blacked out its signals on DirecTV

• 1 month later...