FNC Launching 11PM Newscast

TSSZNews

No...really.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/fox-news-channel-late-night-program-shannon-bream-anchor-1202174503/

Fox News Channel announced this morning it will debut a live news program at 11 PM ET, anchored by Shannon Bream, called Fox News @ Night.

The live hour of “hard news and analysis of the most compelling stories from Washington and across the country” will launch October 30, FNC said. In the announcement, the net’s news president Jay Wallace calls it an extension of FNC’s live primetime programming.

Not only is FNC counterprogramming Maddow with Hannity, they want some of that 11th Hour audience too.

Interesting gamesmanship. Shannon definitely deserves a shot to head up a show--I wonder if Shep just didn't want to be up that late?

Also...really? No FOX Report branding?

Wow, they are reaching desperate now. They're still #1; they don't need more shows to stunt and flaunt their success.

And yet the moment they weren't the #1 cable network anymore (it was MSNBC but it didn't last), they're itching to make more programming to get that top spot again.

It's real hilarious to think about now.

They should've given it to Shep, though.

I don't think Fox News cares too much for Shep.

Wow, they are reaching desperate now. They're still #1; they don't need more shows to stunt and flaunt their success.

And yet the moment they weren't the #1 cable network anymore (it was MSNBC but it didn't last), they're itching to make more programming to get that top spot again.

It's real hilarious to think about now.

They should've given it to Shep, though.

I guess he remains where he is unless Fox News gets the good sense to can Sean Hannity. I wonder who replaces Shannon Bream.

What about Bill Hemmer? All three of his co-anchors on America's Newsroom (Megyn Kelly, Martha MacCallum, and now Shannon Bream) got moved up to primetime.

I like this idea. Shannon seems like one of the good journalists at Fox.

Really?

No...really.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/fox-news-channel-late-night-program-shannon-bream-anchor-1202174503/

Not only is FNC counterprogramming Maddow with Hannity, they want some of that 11th Hour audience too.

Interesting gamesmanship. Shannon definitely deserves a shot to head up a show--I wonder if Shep just didn't want to be up that late?

Also...really? No FOX Report branding?

Really? I thought The Trump Channel (formerly known as Fox News Channel) wouldn't do a live 11pm show because he would be asleep! :smash:

BriWi is beating Tucker repeats in the 25-54 demo (and occasionally with the overall ratings). That's why they've decided to go live at 11pm. Tucker’s maintaining Bill O’Reilly’s ratings at 8pm, and that’s about it.

I just don’t know if a straightforward newscast will do it. But what else can they put in at 11pm? Jesse Watters? “Judge” Pirro? Greg Gutfield?

MSNBC and also CNN rating well at 11pm definitely played well but don't forget, they've had Special Report do a number of 11pm broadcasts during breaking news . Those Special Report shows did rate well and they want news in that hour, just like MSNBC with Brian Williams. With all those extra shows, I had a feeling they would program that hour at some point.

As for Bream, I'd heard that she didn't want to move to New York full-time but it had been a while for her with Hemmer at 9am so I figured that it would become permanent. She makes sense for that show as folks, and myself to be quite honest, have long thought she was ready for her own show after toiling away on weekends for years.

What will be interesting to see is how the show is staffed and whether it is produced out of Washington completely (like Special Report) or whether it is shot in DC and produced out of New York (like Tucker and Ingraham's shows).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived