Spectrum News & NY1 New Graphics and Theme

RGSJenkins

Color coded "european" graphics premiered today along with a new "european" theme for the NY Spectrum News stations, NY1, and NY1 Noticias so far. Only the newscasts have the new graphics. Tomorrow hopefully, I'll upload the videos.

ffe8ed602139963.jpg9c9fdc602139973.jpg0a8574602140003.jpg65dee4602140023.jpg

28a6df602140053.jpg088505602140123.jpg765b1f602145353.jpg291e6c602145363.jpg

68f741602145383.jpg6441b2602219533.jpg7c434c602219543.jpg1daaeb602219573.jpg

The open in stills: (The opens are the same no matter what time, except for 8am & Noon show which has simple white screen with "LIVE" in blue letters and 11pm show which uses the old theme and open.)

0d46ce602219623.jpg360a41602219643.jpg4f15d1602219663.jpgc8d166602219763.jpg3b4681602219823.jpg

IMO: The orange for traffic is clashes with the red "Stop & Go" color guide on top. For NY1, this is the first time the percent for the chance of rain has appeared on any NYC news station.

Both Bay News 9 and News 13 launched the Spectrum News graphics package today as both are now branded as Spectrum News - Bay News 9 and Spectrum News - News 13. Both are still using Primetime News instead of what NY1 is using and surprisingly it actually goes well with the new graphics.

Both Bay News 9 and News 13 launched the Spectrum News graphics package today as both are now branded as Spectrum News - Bay News 9 and Spectrum News - News 13. Both are still using Primetime News instead of what NY1 is using and surprisingly it actually goes well with the new graphics.

They still can't just be normal, can they? I was so hoping they'd finally be Spectrum News Tampa and Spectrum News Orlando. I mean, don't get me wrong, JC Burns' work for the two was awesome, but it's really time to retire the names and the music- are they the last with Primetime News?

They still can't just be normal, can they? I was so hoping they'd finally be Spectrum News Tampa and Spectrum News Orlando. I mean, don't get me wrong, JC Burns' work for the two was awesome, but it's really time to retire the names and the music- are they the last with Primetime News?

I'd think Spectrum News Tampa Bay and Spectrum News Central Florida would've been better names for the channels. The million dollar question now is... what will the Spanish news channel be renamed to? Spectrum Noticias Florida?

No, WOOD tv in Grand Rapids MI is still using Primetime News. I like the Primetime News music it might be a older news package it still has some life in it.

No, WOOD tv in Grand Rapids MI is still using Primetime News. I like the Primetime News music it might be a older news package it still has some life in it.

I agree 100% -- with the Grand Rapids market being my home market (hence my avatar :-D ) I've always loved Primetime as a music package... It's not the overused packages that are used by other companies (i.e. Scripps, Hearst, Tegna, etc)... It makes them unique and love the latest cues they added, some of which haven't been heard since the early-mid 2000s...

The weather graphics are different depending on what station you watch.

NY1 and upstate NY:

[GALLERY=media, 1032]NY1 7 day forecast 9-29-17 by RGSJenkins posted Sep 29, 2017 at 9:24 PM[/GALLERY]

All the others including FL:

[GALLERY=media, 1033]Spectrum News SA 7 day forecast 9-29-17 by RGSJenkins posted Sep 29, 2017 at 9:24 PM[/GALLERY]

The time bug: (For the non co-branded stations, the logo is off centered to the left and the background is blue)

Luckily, they’re verbally referred to as Spectrum Bay News 9 and Spectrum News 13. No complicated verbage. At least compared to NY1.

Anyone Notice that NY1 and NY1 Noticias have redesigned their website today

It looks.....interesting. Will this be coming to Orlando and Tampa as well?

Another thing....In order to watch 13, 9, NY1 online, Do you need a Spectrum ID from that area, Or could you use any Spectrum ID from other states?

UPDATE(1)-Spectrum News for most of their networks has Updated their Website Design NY1 and NY1 Noticias were the first only channels left are Bay News 9 and News 13 that have not updated to the new design.

UPDATE(2)-NY1 Since its Launch back in 1992 can now be watched on Optimum systems in Long Island plus CT

UPDATE(1)-Spectrum News for most of their networks has Updated their Website Design NY1 and NY1 Noticias were the first only channels left are Bay News 9 and News 13 that have not updated to the new design.

UPDATE(2)-NY1 Since its Launch back in 1992 can now be watched on Optimum systems in Long Island plus CT

Well at least another cable company aside from Spectrum (which I still call them as Time Warner Cable) has NY1. Although NY1 should be in every cable system in New York City.

Well at least another cable company aside from Spectrum (which I still call them as Time Warner Cable) has NY1. Although NY1 should be in every cable system in New York City.

Just not satellite, and not phone company TV :rolleyes:

Jim

Archived