New Set at KOAT

Al-SA-TX

Next on the list of Hearst stations to receive a new set: KOAT.

[MEDIA=twitter]907343642695581696[/MEDIA]

I work at this station and decided to wait until someone else made the announcement before posting here. The new set is a variation of the other recent set launches within Hearst, but with some New Mexico elements added to the mix. The renderings are quite nice, we'll have to see if the final product will hold up, but I think it will be a nice change for the state of New Mexico. Regardless, it'll be contemporary and the sharpest looking set in this DMA.

The current set was moved on Saturday from Studio B to Studio A, so the average viewer won't notice a difference, but the lighting is a bit off in the temp studio. It took 12 hours to move that beast.

Additionally, KOAT launched a new newscast: Live at 4 last month. It's an hour long show. Harry was dropped from our lineup in favor of moving Steve Harvey to 2pm and Ellen to 3pm.

I work at this station and decided to wait until someone else made the announcement before posting here. The new set is a variation of the other recent set launches within Hearst, but with some New Mexico elements added to the mix. The renderings are quite nice, we'll have to see if the final product will hold up, but I think it will be a nice change for the state of New Mexico. Regardless, it'll be contemporary and the sharpest looking set in this DMA.

The current set was moved on Saturday from Studio B to Studio A, so the average viewer won't notice a difference, but the lighting is a bit off in the temp studio. It took 12 hours to move that beast.

Additionally, KOAT launched a new newscast: Live at 4 last month. It's an hour long show. Harry was dropped from our lineup in favor of moving Steve Harvey to 2pm and Ellen to 3pm.

I reported that 4:00 p.m. addition on my blog. I think KOAT will eventually get on midday as well.

Yay! Do you know of any other changes happening? Sometimes stations will tweak things when they launch a new set.

Yay! Do you know of any other changes happening? Sometimes stations will tweak things when they launch a new set.

Nothing else is changing as far as I know.

Hopefully they'll switch to HD as well. But given that HTV didn't put WDSU in HD why would they do the same for KOAT.

We've been full HD for a few years now.

• 1 month later...

Basically, it is gonna look like every single new Hearst set. God, I hope WCVB doesn't get the traditional Hearst set. They always seem to let WCVB slide with not looking just like everybody else.

Archived