Hurricane Irma Megathread

TriangleTriadMediaNews

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stand behind every word I've posted. I was born, raised and live in Los Angeles, disaster capital of the world. This is deserving of nothing more than local coverage. And it was blown WAY out of proportion by local and national media. We invest billions in weather technology and get our pants beat off by ECMWF. That's more than shameful. That's criminal since so many did not need to leave their homes. Even insurance companies get better weather coverage which explains why stocks were up Friday and futures are up now.

People are so afraid of this storm they won't even go out and loot. Oh wait, WPLG shows looters live on tv... That's the extent of this storm.

And how would you feel if you had family members down there? I would hope that if you cared about them that you would want national and perhaps even international coverage of this tragedy that is crippling our nation while we are STILL beginning to recover from Harvey.

People have their sons, daughters, parents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins down there who are riding out the storm and will most likely lose contact with their families. People go missing in stuff like that, and their families and friends pray to God that they are found alive. I have been in a natural disaster before and I did lose a whole lot of stuff in it. As a matter of fact, I lost everything in that but I have NEVER experienced something on the level of a hurricane and I hope and pray to God that I never will.

For you to minimize their struggle like this and say that this isn't any worse than what happens in Los Angeles or anywhere else is ridiculous and very narcissistic and self centered on your part and shows the kind of person you are. I am going to pray for you because you really, really could use a dose of reality.

Gainesville update as of 11:00 p.m.

WCJB has just announced that starting at midnight, they'll be doing rolling wall-to-wall coverage no matter what. Finally! Plus, Paige Beck and David Snyder are finally anchoring tonight at 11:00 p.m. but Carla Bayron anchored at 6:00 p.m.

WUFT is status quo.

WGFL is still airing WJLA.

WNBW is still airing NBC Sports even though it will air MSNBC on NBC starting at 1:00 a.m.

WOGX is status quo even though I lost their signal.

WJXT is status quo.

Is WESH no longer on cable in Gainesville? That town got ripped off replacing WESH with a station that barely puts any effort into their news coverage.

And how would you feel if you had family members down there? I would hope that if you cared about them that you would want national and perhaps even international coverage of this tragedy that is crippling our nation while we are STILL beginning to recover from Harvey.

People have their sons, daughters, parents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins down there who are riding out the storm and will most likely lose contact with their families. People go missing in stuff like that, and their families and friends pray to God that they are found alive. I have been in a natural disaster before and I did lose a whole lot of stuff in it. As a matter of fact, I lost everything in that but I have NEVER experienced something on the level of a hurricane and I hope and pray to God that I never will.

For you to minimize their struggle like this and say that this isn't any worse than what happens in Los Angeles or anywhere else is ridiculous and very narcissistic and self centered on your part and shows the kind of person you are. I am going to pray for you because you really, really could use a dose of reality.

People as hopelessly dense and brain-dead as CalIdiot2 is will never get a dose of reality, even if you hit them upside the head with a 2x4.

It's kinda obvious that he's only here just to be a troll. I would love to recommend he do a anatomically impossible act, but on second thought... nope.

Did WTVJ sign off on their coverage? The live stream just shows NBC News Channel color bars:

lOuN1bz.jpg

And their app appears to have given up.

8unSYBB.png

NBC IS FAKE NEWS, AND THIS IS PROOF!

/snark

Anyways, it's strange to see NBC doing a direct-simulcast of MSNBC on the broadcast network... don't they typically at least try and use NBC branding?

Is WESH no longer on cable in Gainesville? That town got ripped off replacing WESH with a station that barely puts any effort into their news coverage.

WESH is no longer on cable in Gainesville. It probably was last year but as of this year, its no longer there.

I agree with the hell everyone is giving CalItalian2, but I don't see any of you giving Eat News hell about making jokes about both hurricanes. And don't give me the I don't understand his brand of humor, because their ain't nothing funny about joking about other people's tragedies.

Gainesville at 3:00 a.m.

WUFT is status quo except its now airing a simulcast of 89.1 WUFT-FM (NPR) in the background and keeping the radar on at all times.

WGFL continuing to simulcast WPEC and has done so since around 1:00 a.m.

WCJB airing 20 minutes of coverage every half-hour followed by 10 minutes of ABC WNN's coverage.

WOGX is still status quo but lost signal.

WJXT has been on-air longer than anyone else at this point. The Morning Show team has taken over and has done so since 2:00 a.m.

I agree with the hell everyone is giving CalItalian2, but I don't see any of you giving Eat News hell about making jokes about both hurricanes. And don't give me the I don't understand his brand of humor, because their ain't nothing funny about joking about other people's tragedies.

The Shark's humor, while on occasion crudely off-base and/or rude, isn't an opinion wrapped into a high-and-mighty smug attitude. He's like that guy at work that says things that make you groan, but he's still a likable character.

Besides, we can always just dump him into a Sea World tank, and hope fate takes over if we get tired of him.

because their ain't nothing funny about joking about other people's tragedies.

oh boy... if you're considering a career in tv news i would strongly encourage you to explore other options...

i've found people who spend their career covering tragedy have very dark senses of humor... eatnews seems to be a grizzled veteran!

Sorry to double post but from what I heard, yes. WTVJ has gone off-air and did so during NBC SNF.

They share the same tower as WFOR 4 (and have since the DTV switch). Are both stations knocked offline?

Edit: WTVJ's livestream is functioning again. No idea if their OTA signal is.

oh boy... if you're considering a career in tv news i would strongly encourage you to explore other options...

i've found people who spend their career covering tragedy have very dark senses of humor... eatnews seems to be a grizzled veteran!

Not everybody here has a career in TV news or is considering it. I have no desire. I can appreciate humor (which I admit he is good at). Making jokes about tragedies is not funny.

I'm just an old 1/3rd Korean, 1/3rd Mexican and 1/3rd shark...that owns a fake TV station...in a place that no longer exist.

This is MY entertainment...to make ME laugh.

If you guys find it funny then all the better.

But I make no apologies...and I have been VERY restrained during these hurricanes.

I made a joke about KHOU....GET OVER IT!

Lighten up Francis!

I have a weeks back log of fresh material...so I suggest you find that "ignore" function and IGNORE me.

But honestly...

How can you ignore a lovable little creature like me????

(Myron tries to ignore me...but he peeks all the time)

729061479_loveme.jpg.e750221756698d8725da9bb04a4d7a9b.jpg

I serve at the pleasure of the owner of this forum.

WESH stopped their non stop coverage at 6:30 for NN. Don't knot know if it was started up again after NN. Too bad they suffered some damage! Thank God it wasn't right over the brand new set! Which begs the question: Where are news sets usually placed in buildings? In the strongest part of the building? I know WISN's is right off the lobby, TMJ4's is in the back of the building.

As for Coverage WESH, WFTV WKMG were top notch for me , Didn't think to look at Fox 35. LOVING that News 13's Stream(As well as Bay News 9) is open to everyone! Love News 13 everytime i come to FL! Had awesome music in the early 2000's. Anyone think they'll keep it open to everyone if they get enough good responses?

So glad for the tons of coverage TWC's been putting out since the Eclipse! I wonder how long that will continue.....I'd wish they realize that they don't need longform!

WeatherNation's been great too!

Archived