PIX 11 Overhauls Open, Music

ABC 7 Denver

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be a shame if they dropped the NSM theme, it's probably the best signature package in the market. I do like the open, it's certainly an improvement, and the braided effect around the circle 11 is great!

This video seems to be prep footage for the titles, and has a kinda cheesy package with the NSM signature, so who knows what's in store!

[MEDIA=vimeo]218519799[/MEDIA]

Yeah, I've seen some montages (with B-roll not unlike this) on their creative services page using new cuts with the current signature, so whatever's being played here could just be a placeholder. I think there's a post with the new bug and lower thirds that match this open. Definitely an incomplete product.

Edit: yeah, that. (see above)

New music is very reminiscent of OSI Music's Fox package. Note the new slogan 'New York's Very Own.'

[MEDIA=vimeo]230476634[/MEDIA]

The end of the open looks a lot like KCPQ's a bit. Would be awesome if Tribune (if they don't merge with Sinclair) would use those graphics on its other stations.

Is this like the newer intro soon?

I saw part of the new open show up during the morning news as a rejoin on Monday, didn't get to hear the theme because I had the tv on mute.

On a side note: Daily Mail TV with Jesse Palmer which starts on the 18th has a home in NYC, in more ways than one.

443632BE00000578-0-image-a-194_1505256708574.jpg

I saw part of the new open show up during the morning news as a rejoin on Monday, didn't get to hear the theme because I had the tv on mute.

On a side note: Daily Mail TV with Jesse Palmer which starts on the 18th has a home in NYC, in more ways than one.

443632BE00000578-0-image-a-194_1505256708574.jpg

Was it during the Air 11 report? Let's see if they debut the intro by the end of the month. I saw the spoil of Daily Mail TV circa Tamsen Fadal.

Why even bother? They're going to be stuck with the crappy Sinclair graphics soon enough.

Can we please stop with this?

There is ZERO indication this is going to happen other than a bunch of people speculating on this site. Sinclair will take ownership of Tribune Creative West, one of the best in-house design departments in the country. I think there's more likelihood the Tribune graphics end up on Sinclair stations than vice-versa.

Can we please stop with this?

There is ZERO indication this is going to happen other than a bunch of people speculating on this site. Sinclair will take ownership of Tribune Creative West, one of the best in-house design departments in the country. I think there's more likelihood the Tribune graphics end up on Sinclair stations than vice-versa.

yea i prefer the opposite too. what tribune's state is in is nowhere near sinclair material yet so we can relax.

Ehhhhhhhhhh

I disagree. Remember: This is SINCLAIR we're talking about; a business at heart that is not afraid to regionally hub newscasts to save a buck.

Trib West may be good, but they're also in LA, which means they also retain expensive talent. If I'm the Smiths, am I going to keep my decent, clearly efficient and likely much cheaper to maintain centralized art department in Maryland that helped me get this far, or am I going to destroy that loyalty for prettier pictures I imagine most viewers won't care about?

Sinclair had no trouble pulling the plugs on better creative at WJLA or KOMO. Keep that in mind.

Now, could Sinclair get the Trib West project files from LA and botch them in Maryland? That, to me, is a much stronger possibility.

Archived