TV news YouTube pages questions

panewswatcher69

On TV news stations YouTube pages, what's the purpose in keeping daily top news headlines segments, daily/weekly sports talk shows, and daily broadcast day weather segments beyond the present week? How many stations across the country do this? It's revelant for the present but not long-term.

On TV news stations YouTube pages, what's the purpose in keeping daily top news headlines segments, daily/weekly sports talk shows, and daily broadcast day weather segments beyond the present week? How many stations across the country do this? It's revelant for the present but not long-term.

Why do libraries keep archives of magazines and newspapers? Same deal. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean someone isn't going to be interested in what happened before.

It also means more places ads will show up.

It comes down to money. If the stations can make a few pennies off old clips that may never see the light of day why not?

I believe Hearst was one of the first station groups to post clips onto YouTube over 10 years ago. There was some sort of ad sharing revenue agreement.

Also it's a great way to have your important content "archived".

It comes down to money. If the stations can make a few pennies off old clips that may never see the light of day why not?

I believe Hearst was one of the first station groups to post clips onto YouTube over 10 years ago. There was some sort of ad sharing revenue agreement.

Also it's a great way to have your important content "archived".

That's my wet dream...

All those archives in one place.

And yes...I would be happy to pay to have access to it.

The average legacy big 4 station has archives on so many format is a big task just to keep operating machines. The formats include

16mm film

2in Quad

3/4in Umatic cassettes

1in R2R D-1

Betacam/SP/SX

M2 (yes KUSI and a few others)

Plus consumer formats for smaller stations...

Often this stuff just goes into the trash.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought I'd share... WAVY has an extensive Youtube channel. They've uploaded pretty much all of their stories from the past several years on there.

Over the past year or so, they've been uploading from their extensive story archive which dates back to 1978. Mostly stories, but there are several full newscasts and specials in there:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought I'd share... WAVY has an extensive Youtube channel. They've uploaded pretty much all of their stories from the past several years on there.

Over the past year or so, they've been uploading from their extensive story archive which dates back to 1978. Mostly stories, but there are several full newscasts and specials in there:

Wow!

There are some real gems in this collection.

Mostly the "save files"...type stuff like you find on the edit bay shelves of most TV news operations...

Don't miss the Electric Chair series...where they just "cook you to death"..but try to make it "pleasant".

Its a fun browse...thanks for the post.

Archived