Oldies return to WCBS-FM

stevieboy247

YAY! JACK IS DEAD!!! GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD GARBAGE! Now just bring back oldies on WJMK in Chicago and I'll be happy.

Actually Jack is not dead, totally. It is still available on 101.1 HD2.

When Jack first debuted, CBS-FM oldies moved to HD2. They just reveresed it. Now, only those with HD radios can hear Jack.

I feel like its Christmas in July that WCBS-FM is back. For me, its one of the few things in NY that went off the air I felt like I lost a good friend. The station's music just reminds of the more peaceful times of the world and makes you forget the stresses of what we face now in the world. Max Kinkel got me though the nights when my older son was a baby and didnt sleep at all. Max helped me survive the horrible nights of teething and colic. God bless him and I hope he returns to the airwaves very soon. I also hope Dan Ingram comes back too. Even if its for Saturdays - it doesnt matter to me.

Sue

I loved Jack FM. This oldies station if for the birds. Another stupid & dumb move by the brass at CBS-FM!

while I didn't mind Jack-fm I'm glad that the old cbs-fm is back. I guess for us older folks its harder to find a station playing what we wanna hear.

Yeah I actually liked Jack FM as well. I'm not too big of a fan of 1960s and 70s music, but I do respect those decades in music because it was the time where this country was peaceful and it was vintage New York, lol. But I loved the 80s music though, which Jack prominently played. Anyone know if there are any other stations here in New York devoted to 1980s music? 102.7 Mix was pretty nice and had a great variety of 80s music before but they changed the format to a stupid light music format, which sucks.. Bunch of depressing junk music on that station, lol.

102.7 isn't light ("Lite"?)...it's Fresh. Oh, and that frequency would have been a better spot for "Jack" and his brand of mix.

From "playing what we want" to playing what we NEED...CBS Radio deserves a karma point (at least one!) for bringing rock and oldies back.

Archived